+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I have an unactivated iphone that is locked without a at&t sim. I followed all of the steps up to restoring, but I got a 1604 error. Now there is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an unactivated iphone that is locked without a at&t sim. I followed all of the steps up to restoring, but I got a 1604 error. Now there is only the iTunes icon and USB icon and when I try to power off, the "slide to power off" never appears and it restarts. This means I can't turn it off to put it in DFU mode again. HELP?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penquin View Post
    On step 12 i get Preparing pwnage DFU restore information then it just says failed to pwn

any help???
    Hello
    I got the same message , did you manage to bypass the problem?
    Been trying for 4 days going mad.
    I would appreciate any help
    Regards
    Nick

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello everyone. ok i have everything in winpwn done right i think and then when i go in to itunes to install the new firmware. and it is just in a continuous "verifying IPhone software.." loop idk what to do ive tried it several times but i happens repeatedly. it is an older version iphone idk if it G1 or G2. the firmware is the 2.0.2. just wondering with this program will i be able to use it with nextel sim card or sprint. thank you for your time
    -campingtomz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

youre right, my pc cant read this file...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Everyone I Have a 8GB i phone 3G and i did everything told to jailbreak it but the BL Files wouldn't work, is their a new like to allow me to jailbreak my phone?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Got stuck at one step
    Hey, I am trying to jailbreak and unlock my Iphone (not 3G) using the software and steps mentioned above. I am able to finish the steps upto 'custom build'. Once the custom build is complete, winpwn application closes without continuing to the next step. Any help ?

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dthomson535 View Post
    Hi Everyone I Have a 8GB i phone 3G and i did everything told to jailbreak it but the BL Files wouldn't work, is their a new like to allow me to jailbreak my phone?
    Thanks
    You can j/b the 3G, but it cant be unlocked yet by software.....Use quickpwn to j/b. quickpwn21-1.zip

Quote Originally Posted by rbodepudi View Post
    Hey, I am trying to jailbreak and unlock my Iphone (not 3G) using the software and steps mentioned above. I am able to finish the steps upto 'custom build'. Once the custom build is complete, winpwn application closes without continuing to the next step. Any help ?
    Take a look here. iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.1 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 11-11-2008 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default activation problems?
    i just followed the guide and i have the new firmware... but the fone isnt unlocked!!! i dont have the iphone as my fone i just use it as an ipod and i dont no how to bypass the itunes activation. any suggestions? please help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the 1st generation IPhone but my reboot function is broken. Do I need to have the unit turned off to use WinPwn? I used a previous version and I don't remember having to do that.

Thanks,
    Chris

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default What about the firmware of the phone?
    Hi:
    I just need to know if the firmware that the iphone has influences which winpwn version you have to use or does it works with all iphone 2g firmware versions?. I have 2 iphones 2g i need to activate, they are brand new, never activated so I do not know the firmware version they have. I'm going to use one with ATT but do not want to go to itunes to activate it and the other one is going to have to be fully unlocked for use on another carrier. Any help?

ARN
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi
    I have followed the 'idiot's guide' for winpwn to the letter and the program keeps crashing? In the 'standard mode', the program gets to the point where it is suppose to be creating the file, then crashes. I have tried this several times...
    I have even tried the advanced option, setting the buffer size to 700 - 900; didn't work?? It goes further, even creating the file in mydocuments and gets all the way through the setup routine (pressing power, etc, etc) but then crashes at the end. It told me to connect the iphone to another usb port and not through a hub (it isn't in a hub?.)The last time windows flashed up a window that DPF (Data Protection Files - I think!!?)would not alow the program, I have tried to manually override this, but vista simply tells me athat I cannot override for winpwn.

Please help as my sanity is at risk here.

The phone is a 2G, running on the newly upgraded 2.2 firmware.
    Last edited by ARN; 12-27-2008 at 03:52 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi All,

My 2G iPhone hangs on the modmyifone & Apple "busy" icons.

I have downloaded and installed the PWN package, and all the relevant files. I have tried several times to PWN the iPhone, but the result is the same - PWN can't see the handset. iTunes can't see it either.

Any ideas, as it is a problem that is driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi all,
    Yesterday I tried upgrading my iPhone, which was jailbroken and unlocked, running 1.1.2, to 2.2. To do this, I used Pwnage, created the modified ipsw, and tried to load it on the phone via iTunes. Needless to say, this didn't work, specifically it hung while it was doing something with the bootloader (instructions said it was supposed to take 5 minutes, I let it stand for about an hour before disconnecting it). Now if I put it in DFU mode, iTunes sees that there's an iPhone, but if I try to load any firmware on it, it gives an unknown error. I've tried a million things, including downgrading iTunes to 7.5 and tried loading 1.1.4. Nothing, I still get the russian Steve Jobs, and iTunes still can't load anything.
    Suggestions?
    Much appreciated, thanks!
    F.

PS: like with Duffgen, PWN can't see the handset, nor can iLiberty...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How do I jailbreak
    Hey guys I'm trying to jailbreak. I have iphone 3g with the newest firmware 2.2.1

Any guidance would help thanks.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway99 View Post
    Hey guys I'm trying to jailbreak. I have iphone 3g with the newest firmware 2.2.1

Any guidance would help thanks.
    ^^^Look here...http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...d-windows.html

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks

Thanks

I really think windows xp is the better OS to use to unlock and jailbreak.

Thanks

hello,
    im new here,and i hope someone can help me on this matter.
    i have a 3g 8g i recently jailbroke it and its worked fine till i downloaded someother application,and it froze up,so i had to restore it with itunes,but it restored with a new firmware 2.2.1(5h11) and now i cant jailbrake it.i tryed to restore it with 2.2(5g77) but it giges me an error 1013 mesage.oes anyone out there has had the same problem,and can you tell me how to fix it.
    thanks.