Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH on Windows

hey bro i don't no how to use. What should I do. Thank u for helping.

yea me 2, when you learn teach me!

how u do it for iPhone 3G?

Hey, I'm an apple noob, just got my iPhone last week. I successfully Jailbroke, used SSH, and installed apps today after reviewing A TON of guides and tutorial videos and I mean A S*** LOAD of written guides and A S*** LOAD of youtube videos. It did take me a little over 4 hours though, but I did it.

I am under AT&T and have the iPhone 3G with 2.0.1 firmware and using Windows XP
    I used winpwn 2.0.0.4 and WinSCP 4.1(I think)

It shouldn't take you 4 hours. I was a complete noob this morning, but now I actually know what DFU, Cydia/Installer, SSH, etc. is.
    Last edited by ensigma; 08-18-2008 at 10:14 PM.

It didn't work at all, is it because I have jailbroken 2.2.1?
    Please reply.

Thanx, banmani

I found this page after already looking at another and had already downloaded WinSCP and figured it would be okay. but when i got to the step when i was supposed to enter a new password it couldnt find puTTy. The guide says if i dont make a new password im vulnerable to hackers. Where is the puTTy and am i vulnerable even when im not connected now?

i did everythings created downloads folder put my app in but i don't know how to open and install the app , i saw the tenermal i tried to connect with the dirrection in there but won't work
    can some1 one help me out

when u open terminal in winscp make sure u type all commands without quotes its a common rookie mistake

Banned
    Thanks
    there is various tutorials search on youtube

Has anybody been able to sccuessfuly connect to their iphone through an Ad-Hoc? Mine keeps dropping, or wont connect

i've done with my ipod. Didn't try it with my iPhone though

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

raggin teeth yeah

Hi. I am facing a major issue with SSH. Dont get me wrong I know my fair share about the iphone and I am not posting a noob observation. Well now with the problem. I have restored my phone several times. Methods used : Custom ipa file made via pwnage, partition wipe and also Plain upgrade to 3.1.2 and then used blackra1n. I have restored the phone more than 10-15 times using either methods and this problem always seems to arise. After I install all my fav apps from cydia includins OpenSSH and SbSetting, when I try to SSH using WinSCP it doesnt work. Gives me an error "Server unexpectedly closed network connection" After a lot of trial and error I found a solution but a temporary one. I first remove OpenSSH and then I completely remove SBSetting and all the toggels and restart springboard. Then once again I install OpenSSH and SBSetting and its toggels, then guess what I am able to SSH using WinSCP. This works fine until I install something new from Cydia. Lets say for eg. I didnt have mobile terminal and I wanted to install it. After I install Mobile Terminal I am not able to SSH using Winscp again. I have to repeat the process of removing OpenSSH and then I completely removing SBSetting and all the toggels and restart springboard. Then once again I install OpenSSH and blah blah blah and then I am able to SSH using WinSCP. What gives?????

If anyone can help me solve this problem Permanently I shall literally bow down to him/her and be ever so grateful.

Waiting for your inputs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by varunzzz View Post
    Hi. I am facing a major issue with SSH. Dont get me wrong I know my fair share about the iphone and I am not posting a noob observation. Well now with the problem. I have restored my phone several times. Methods used : Custom ipa file made via pwnage, partition wipe and also Plain upgrade to 3.1.2 and then used blackra1n. I have restored the phone more than 10-15 times using either methods and this problem always seems to arise. After I install all my fav apps from cydia includins OpenSSH and SbSetting, when I try to SSH using WinSCP it doesnt work. Gives me an error "Server unexpectedly closed network connection" After a lot of trial and error I found a solution but a temporary one. I first remove OpenSSH and then I completely remove SBSetting and all the toggels and restart springboard. Then once again I install OpenSSH and SBSetting and its toggels, then guess what I am able to SSH using WinSCP. This works fine until I install something new from Cydia. Lets say for eg. I didnt have mobile terminal and I wanted to install it. After I install Mobile Terminal I am not able to SSH using Winscp again. I have to repeat the process of removing OpenSSH and then I completely removing SBSetting and all the toggels and restart springboard. Then once again I install OpenSSH and blah blah blah and then I am able to SSH using WinSCP. What gives?????

If anyone can help me solve this problem Permanently I shall literally bow down to him/her and be ever so grateful.

Waiting for your inputs.
    Mate ever since i've used this SSH programme () I think winscp is s**t! try downloading that and SSH'ing with that and then if you have more problems reply on this thread and i'll try to help

Quote Originally Posted by ufcsean View Post
    Mate ever since i've used this SSH programme () I think winscp is s**t! try downloading that and SSH'ing with that and then if you have more problems reply on this thread and i'll try to help
    Hey. I have used funbox. With that there is absolutely no problem and it works brilliantly, but there are limitations such as setting permissions to a file. That is the only reason why I need winscp. Mobile terminal can also be used to set permission but its a little annoying. The main thing that irritates me the most is that OpenSSH always worked well for me before.

Also I have made a new observation in this regard. Whenever I get the error to SSH now all I have to do is reinstall OpenSSH via Cydia / rock and then it works again but for a limited amount of time. I guess for around 15 minutes. Its a very peculiar problem.

I have hit a brick wall with this and I need your help to solve this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12