Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: State of the iPhone

Default State of the iPhone
    Discussion thread for State of the iPhone. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

It's a term for the method to unlock the software the Apple uses to have control over what you can download to your phone. Once unlocked, you can download any software, be it authorized by Apple or not to your phone. Once unlocked, you can even use different software to enable you to use your phone with any phone service provider.

Smile new iphone
    I just bought a iphone 3g 2.2 firmware and i an in sync with itunes with my windows xp and i have the quickpwn 2.2 software on my desktop. I also bought a few itunes apps. My question is, am i going to loose my recently installed apps when i jailbreak my iphone? If so, how can i get them again? Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to yabuco For This Useful Post:

cyusi (02-17-2009)

Banned
    Thanks

no, if you jailbreak you will not lose your apps. If anything you can gain some apps through cydia.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jarthurs1981 For This Useful Post:

yabuco (01-15-2009)

Smile apps updates
    If i jailbreak my iphone 3g, would i be able to receive & download updates from itunes and cydia? Thank you

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yabuco View Post
    If i jailbreak my iphone 3g, would i be able to receive & download updates from itunes and cydia? Thank you

yup no problems at all.

anytime you visit the appstore or cydia, it will let you know if there are software updates avalible.

good luck and have fun

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr.stevil For This Useful Post:

cyusi (02-17-2009), yabuco (01-15-2009)

Default Downside???
    Are their potential risks using the software to unlock the Iphone and loading new apps?
    Say for instance I needed to get my Iphone serviced or exchanged at the apple store. Would they see that the phone software had been "altered" and refuse/void my warranty/care plan?

Thanks in advance for you advice!
    Cheers!