Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PWNAGE 2.0 PC Workaround

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Default PWNAGE 2.0 PC Workaround
    I tried this and it worked like a charm

Well it’s still not available for Windows users officially, but what you can do is follow these instructions and load the pre-built custom firmware image. You will have to download the image from a torrent. The details are able to be found here. You can get the 1.1.4 restore firmware image here.

Step 1: Use WinPWN 1.0 To PWN Your 1.1.4 iPhone. If you need WinPWN Get it: http://www.winpwn.com/files/winpwn_1..._RC1_Setup.zip
    Step 2: Install BootNeuter (Available Via Installer).
    Step 3: Run BootNeuter and have it Neuter your iphone
    Step 4: Make sure your iTunes version is at 7.7
    Step 5: Grab a pre-created IPSW Made with PWNAGE 2.0 Mac. If you dont have one made you can grab one here: iThor\'s iPhone 2.0 Custom Firmware Vanilla (5A347) (download torrent) - TPB)
    Step 6:Put your phone into recovery or DFU mode. Note that some users report DFU works best while others are reporting normal recovery mode works best. If you have an error, try swapping modes and toggle between these two types of recovery until one works.
    Step 7: In iTunes Shif+Click the Restore button and find your custom IPSW Firmware file.
    Step 8: Wait for it to complete! ENJOY!

Original Post at iPhonehacks.com
    Last edited by Nicholas Knight; 07-22-2008 at 01:32 PM.

why not create an easy version like ziphone ???
    grrrrr too complicated. Not for me, but for most.

So will this unlock my 2.0 1st gen iphone on any network? And support 2.0 apps?

what if I'm a legit AT&T customer? I dont want to have the unlock or activate options checked because I have a 3g.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny202003 View Post
    what if I'm a legit AT&T customer? I dont want to have the unlock or activate options checked because I have a 3g.
    You would have to get a .ipsw that was already made with the options you want.

If you want, i can make one for you on my mac

Quote Originally Posted by commandersafi View Post
    You would have to get a .ipsw that was already made with the options you want.

If you want, i can make one for you on my mac
    dude, that would be awesome!

if you could also see if you can get these images to work with that program?

boot logo:

recovery logo:

So for the options, uncheck activate, and you can pretty much jusst leave everything else the same except for the images.

woops forgot to mention i have a 3g iphone.

Alright man, I can do it. I will need the 2.0 3g iPhone firmware though....Know where i can get it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've found the firmware (was in the guide duh!). I'm downloading it right now
    Last edited by commandersafi; 07-20-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Alright man, I can do it. I will need the 2.0 3g iPhone firmware though....Know where i can get it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've found the firmware (was in the guide duh!). I'm downloading it right now
    nice, but i hope you have good upload speed or its gonna take forever LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny202003 View Post
    nice, but i hope you have good upload speed or its gonna take forever LOL
    Haha, I have a pretty good upload speed. It shouldn't take me very long to get it up after i got it made

Alright I hope I'm not repeating a question here, but I too am a legit at&t customer and I don't want to unlock either. The problem is I upgraded to 2.0 yesterday and if its not completely necessary, I'd rather not downgrade to 1.1.4.

So since I am not looking for an unlock, can I just open up a "pre-customized" firmware in itunes and restore to it? Or will this not work if my phone isn't pwned already and why not?

Sorry for all the questions.. but any guidance is MUCH appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by masonjar chemist View Post
    Alright I hope I'm not repeating a question here, but I too am a legit at&t customer and I don't want to unlock either. The problem is I upgraded to 2.0 yesterday and if its not completely necessary, I'd rather not downgrade to 1.1.4.

So since I am not looking for an unlock, can I just open up a "pre-customized" firmware in itunes and restore to it? Or will this not work if my phone isn't pwned already and why not?

Sorry for all the questions.. but any guidance is MUCH appreciated
    You shouldn't have to downgrade to 1.1.4. Just need a pre-customized firmware that you can restore through itunes using and you should be in the clear

Alright, I finished it. Sorry it took so long, the 2.0 firmware download kept failing until i got firefox to do it
    Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Oh, and i wasn't able to get the pictures you wanted on there. It kept giving an error when i would try to load the pictures you gave
    Last edited by commandersafi; 07-21-2008 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for doing the 2.0 firmware file.

A question - if using this on a 3g iphone, which of the steps above do yuo still need to do, becuase some of them relate to doing stuff on 1.1.4 which, of course, the 3g iphone does not have. Also, it would not seem to be possible to run bootneuter.

Do I therefore just start at step 4) ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by themadsinger View Post
    Thanks for doing the 2.0 firmware file.

A question - if using this on a 3g iphone, which of the steps above do yuo still need to do, becuase some of them relate to doing stuff on 1.1.4 which, of course, the 3g iphone does not have. Also, it would not seem to be possible to run bootneuter.

Do I therefore just start at step 4) ?

Thanks
    Well, since this isn't for an unlock, its just a jailbroken .ipsw you don't have to run bootneuter.

So all you will have to do is put your iPhone in DFU mode and command click (shift click) restore and select the file I made

So let me make sure, this will work for my first gen iPhone if I use WinPwn to unlock and jailbreak 1.1.4. Will this also jailbreak, unlock and activate my first generation iPhone running 2.0?

Seems like the same guide as...

Step-by-Step Guide to Pwn first generation iPhone running firmware 2.0 using Windows - iPhone Hacks

I have found another guide and that includes getting two files:
    x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw

and

iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw

has the requirement for these files in this case been removed by the fact that you have created the custom firmware file?

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

DUDE !! I was looking for this!!

Alright, I finished it. Sorry it took so long, the 2.0 firmware download kept failing until i got firefox to do it
    Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Oh, and i wasn't able to get the pictures you wanted on there. It kept giving an error when i would try to load the pictures you gave
    I meant to suggest using megaupload or something as I have a premium account with them, the download's gonna take an hour on sendspace (70kbps) .

but if waiting an hour is gonna get me a jailbroken 2.0 I can wait lol

EDIT:

im getting an error when trying to restore my 3g, it says "the iphone could not be restored, an unknown error occurred (6)"

EDIT2: now in dfu mode it gives me a different error when trying to restore "the iphone could not be restored, an unknown error occurred (1600)"

EDIT3: i figured out why when in dfu mode it was giving me that error (1600), DO NOT PLUG YOUR IPHONE INTO A USB HUB WHILE IN DFU MODE! It will give you error (1600), but now it seems like it just shuts off the phone when tryin to restore, it says error (1601)
    Last edited by Jonny202003; 07-21-2008 at 10:48 AM.

I am having problems using Winpwn. After I load the 1.1.4 restore firmware and I click iPwner it will do a few things then at the end it says: "7/21/2008 10:40:19 AM - Your iPhone has entered recovery after pwning!"

It just seems to get stuck here. Am I doing something wrong?

no matter what i do when in dfu mode it gives me a 16xx error, 1601, 1602 etc.

I am getting error 1601 with my original iPhone. I thought I followed the instructions perfectly. Installed and ran Neuter w/ at 4.6. Additionally, I also used DFU mode. Whats wrong? T_T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast