Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.x Guide 3G

I would really like to jailbreak my phone again and enjoy some of those great apps in Cydia, but my phone tends to crash a lot more when the phone has been jailbroken. Does anyone else have that issue????

Thanks,

bryanperlman325i

Default Run Pwnage
    Im not able to run Pwnage! Help?

Hi... Well I have tried several times to get the iphone into DFU... I think it must not be working. I keep getting error 1600. Is this certainly the problem? I just upgraded to 2.2, assuming that iTunes has not changed the firmware on their update! Any advice?

I am pretty sure it is actually in DFU mode -- blank screen, itunes says its in recovery mode, but still, no cigar. Error 1600.

Please help!
    Last edited by angela78; 01-24-2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

pwanage is not working..

i know what im going to try when I get home

I get an "error 21"

I get error 21 also

Default 10.5.6
    Does anyone know how to fix the issue with itunes not recognizing the phone in DFU mode in 10.5.6?

I have an iPhone on 2.1 and would like to software unlock it. According to those guides, I need 2.2 first.

So can I follow these instructions on my 2.1 iPhone 3G?

If so, I am not getting the Russian Steve Jobs (RSJ). Is it because I chose not to replace the apple logo w/ the Pineapple logo.

I have version 2.2(5G77) with modem firmware 2.30.03. i know i need 2.28.00. Can i restore to 2.1 or 2.0 to get the 2.28.00 modem firmware? thanks

I've ran through the tut half a dozen times and I keep getting error message when iTunes tries to restore to the customrestore.ipsw. ERROR 21. has anybody had this problem? does anybody have any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

use a USB HUB to fix the problem with the DFU mode in 10.5.6. For those who have the 1600 error, try to do the ipsw again. Good look
    Last edited by neto; 04-16-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Thumbs up JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 16GB!!!
    I'm exhausted!!! I've been working on jailbreaking my iPhone for a couple days now, and boy have I had an experience! A HUGE THANKS to all of you guys here, for all the posts and guides that make this kind of stuff so easy! I had some complications, but as I read through all the posts and found all the answers, I was able to make this roller coaster of modding end in a completed JAILBREAK!!!

I started with Pwnage and it didn't work. Wouldn't recognize DFU mode, so I downloaded the patch to re-enable DFU. I must have got impatient or something and messed it up, but it didn't complete correctly. Tried Pwnage again and same error message, so I tried QuickPwn. Still NO LUCK!

Later I shut down my macbook and when I restarted it my trackpad and keyboard didn't work. Now I'm the first to admit that I'm a noob at alot of this stuff, so when this happened, I began to freak a little bit. Just jumped onto another computer, came back to this forum and, ONCE AGAIN, found the exact answer for my problem. I was able to reboot from Leopard DVD and get my macbook back up and running. Tried jailbreak a couple more times and had no success.

Then, guess what happens? I stumbled across a thread in the forums that was exactly what was happening to me and exactly how I could fix it. Yeah, again I found the exact answer!

I restored back to original "new" 2.2.1 hooked up to a powered usb hub and ran QuickPwn 2.2.5 and bada, boom, bada, bing, JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 16GB!!!

I say all of that to say...THANK YOU! to all you mods and members who post. modmyi kicks *****!

Question Will it work?
    ---------
    Last edited by NeO2; 11-30-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234