Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.x Guide 3G

Default error 1601
    Hi I have successfully enter to DFU mode but then itunes starts up automatically and pops up this message:
    "An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again. An uknown error occured (1601)."

So, I replug the cable and reopen itunes, nothing happen.
    I have to hold the power and home button together again for 10 secs to turn on my iPhone. iTunes detected my iPhone, I didn't get the recovery mode dialog message.

But I tried to restore it anyway using the custom firmware created from the pwnage and I got this message:
    "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (6)."

Restart itunes. I finally got the recovery mode dialog box. Restoring from the custom firmware created from the pwnage again. Got the same error (6) message above.

No luck, so I restored it from apple original firmware.
    Anyone having the same problem?

Resources:
    iPhone 3G 16G
    iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
    PwnageTool 2.0.1

Hi
    I downloaded the latest WinPwn today along with firmware iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore. I created a custom IPSW and put the iPHone 3G into DFU mode. I also get error 6. Why is this?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After creating my custom IPSW and restoring the iPhone 3G from DFU mode my iphone no longer has any service, and is unable to connect to WiFi. Anyone have this problem? or know why this might have happened? I tried it 3 times. Finally just restored to the standard 2.0.1 and have no issues. Just really want to be pwnaned!

I have:

Intel Mac with 10.5
    pwnage 2.0.2
    iPhone 3G 2.0.1

Thanks in advance for the help!

it might be worth removing your phone number from the screen shot (unless it is a fake number)...

Thanks for the guide though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am having the same problem "error (6)" and i know it is recovery mode. and another time i also got "An uknown error occured (1601)" so i just did restore and update and it works as normal again...so maybe i will try later today and see if there are any fixes for this issue.

running:
    Pwanage 2.1
    os x 10.5.4
    itunes 8
    macbook pro duo 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by DCDJ View Post
    After creating my custom IPSW and restoring the iPhone 3G from DFU mode my iphone no longer has any service, and is unable to connect to WiFi. Anyone have this problem? or know why this might have happened? I tried it 3 times. Finally just restored to the standard 2.0.1 and have no issues. Just really want to be pwnaned!

I have:

Intel Mac with 10.5
    pwnage 2.0.2
    iPhone 3G 2.0.1

Thanks in advance for the help!
    I've had the same problem before. To fix it, just rebuild the custom .ipsw package and uncheck "activate" in the "general" step of Pwnage Tool.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to slugoo For This Useful Post:

jp6789 (01-02-2009)

After the PwnageTool finds the iPhone1,2_2.1_5F136 file when I click next a small red window appears with the message :

No Bootloader v3.9 file found! Would you like to search the web for this file?

However I have bootloader 3.9 and 4.6 when I jailbroke my iphone to firmware 2.0. Is anyone having the same problem?

I'm having problems also !!! In the guide it says not to put it in dfu mode but to put it in recovery mode. Also I never get the question "Do you have an iphone 3G contract that would activate normally through itunes?"
    So what is it? Do we put it in DFU mode or not???
    I need help !!!

I thought when this pwnagetool 2.1 came out so quick it seemed to good to be true. I think that they didn't work everything because I am getting the error message when I am in DFU restore mode and it won't allow me to restore to the custom firmware. We will just have to wait and see.

---Edit---

I also am not asked the first two questions that are stated in the guide.
    Last edited by Lprox5; 09-14-2008 at 12:01 AM. Reason: More stuff to add.

Those questions only appear when u chose simple mode

i got error 9

Anyone know if the 2.0 guide for unlocking and Jailbreaking is the same for this version of Pwnage? on a first gen phone?

Help me out guys!!!!!
    I am an old fart but I like to be up with tech.
    Can I use the iphone and a moden for my comp? any com?

Mine is asking for 3.9 bootloader, I downloaded it and still saying that version won't work properly and then failed.

Thanks

Even if you have a legal sim (O2), can you use it when it is pwned on 2.1?

Default quickpwn 2.1 for xp
    its out,50 mins ago,u can download it on dev team blog page)

So I did the whole process, and I think I did it all right. But I don't see the Cydia apps icon. How can I tell if I really jailbreaked it or not?

Default 2g ifone 2.1 firmware itunes 8
    Does any one knows if i can upgrade to 2.1 using itunes 8. I am on 2.0.2 on itunes 7, but i cant find anybody that says that is working properly. any help will be appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fer View Post
    Does any one knows if i can upgrade to 2.1 using itunes 8. I am on 2.0.2 on itunes 7, but i cant find anybody that says that is working properly. any help will be appreciated.
    You can upgrade to 2.1 custom firmware using iTunes 8. There is a thread here that has a link to custom firmwares that board members created.

Upgrade to iTunes 8 and then shift+restore selecting the custom firmware you downloaded.

my iphone 3g always crashes, is there anyway to find solution. Its not unlock, but i have this dummy sim card to use over other network, and i have jailbreak it a couple of times and it work just fine, but when i use it continuously say, long playing of ipod, or even talking for a long time on the phone - it suddenly crashes and bringing me to recovery mode. Is there anyone there who knows how to fix this sort of problem? please i need your help,.... you can e mail me at [email protected]

Now what doe it mean when you got a message "panic"? and it apppears in a black screen mode, whith all those thigs with kernels and stuff?
    Last edited by tomriddle; 09-29-2008 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sounds like kernel panic... I didn't know it could happen to an iphone.
    Basically your OS has a "nervous breakdown" which is almost always related to a hardware glitch (or so I have read).
    I don't know anything on how to fix it; on a Mac maybe, but not on an iphone. sorry.

Maybe you should google it, or start a thread where someone really smart can help you.

good luck!

On second thought, it could be your SIM card because its the only
    piece of "hardware" not from apple.... and if its apples problem and your phone is unlocked, well, things get really nasty.
    Last edited by drosera; 09-30-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you out please hit Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast