Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Guide

Thanks

Yes! Took about an 45 minutes to an hour. It is all about timing with Pwng. Great work! I'm currently restoring my backup from my jailbroken 1.1.4 8GB iPhone 1st Gen. Very excited to see Installer and App Store running side by side. Thanks!

Having problems with the Caller ID working; matching the incoming calls to the entries in my Contacts on the phone.

Do we have to update the AppSupport file again?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vinko For This Useful Post:

kaps4u (07-21-2008)

I succesfully jaibreak my iphone but i do not have a signal to make calls. And whenever i restore it with itunes i do get a signal can anybody help??

i've spent over five hours, reran pwnage 2.0.1 five times, cant get into dfu, even with terminal, read and reread all the various threads... no success... had a ziphone unlocked 1st gen on 1.1.4 never had an issue, never a restore... this is depressing cant even go back to 1.1.4 at this moment

GREAT SUCCESS!!! (doing best Borat impression) don't know how, but it worked... here's to 3 hours sleep before work
    Last edited by rw5579; 07-21-2008 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Thanks - what a pleasure
    had a 1.1.3 unlocked phone - Vodafone NZ.
    30 minutes later following your instructions - Ver 2.0

fantastic - thanks

Itunes is now asking me if I want to update the carrier settings for my phone. I guess the phone is pwned so should be good?

cheers

The "Update Carrier Settings" is part of the iTunes 7.7 feature. If you allow it to download the latest Carrier Settings, you will find a new folder at ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Carrier Support/

This folder will contain the new carrier settings for the Apple's carrier partners in your country.

They contains default APN settings, MobileSafari bookmark entries, default weather cities and default stock entries in the Stock application.

I do not believe there are any information that will cause you newly pwned iPhone to be "carrier locked".

It appears from one of my readers of my blog, Apple is indeed using IMEI information to "carrier lock" iPhone 3G using iTunes.

Hopefully this information will help the iPhone Dev Team figure out a iPhone 3G unlock.
    Last edited by vinko; 07-21-2008 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vinko For This Useful Post:

BustAGroove (07-22-2008), gary.w (07-21-2008)

I don't have apps such as you tube, maps, stocks... Any ideas on how to get those back? Thnkx

Nevermind
    Last edited by rw5579; 07-21-2008 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've followed the instructions, but it failz for me every time it trys to write the .ipsw file. Do i need to do somthing that is not in the instructions?

OUTPUT FROM THE LOG FILE:
    2008-07-21 14:37:15 - Scanning root filesystem with ASR.
    2008-07-21 14:37:34 - FAIL
    ------------------------------
    2008-07-21 14:37:34 - Failed to build custom .ipsw file.

Smile Pwnage 2.0 Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by vinko View Post
    Hi kaps4u,

Am I correct that your iPhone (1st generation) was at 1.1.4, jailbreak and Unlocked?

Did you restore your iPhone to Apple factory 1.1.4 using iTunes 7.6.2, then upgraded your iTunes to 7.7 and downloaded firmware 2.0.

After you restored your iPhone to Apple factory 1.1.4, was your iPhone unactivated (meaning it has the cable image on the screen asking you to plug it into iTunes) when you plugin your iPhone at the step that the Pwnage Tool say to plug in the iPhone via USB to your Mac?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes earlier it was 1.1.4 pwnaged working unlock iphone.
    1st Step: Then i upgrade my itunes to 7.7.
    2nd Step: I choose "download only" option during firmware update notification.
    3rd Step: Then i used pwnage 2.0 to create custom firmware.
    4th Step: put my phone in recovery mode & restore it with custom firmware. thats it.

Note: There is nothing to do with 1.1.4 firmware file to perform above steps.
    Last edited by kaps4u; 07-21-2008 at 12:15 PM.

for all those having problems getting in DFU mode just like me use ziphone..it worked for me then restore it using the custom FW

About to upgrade to 2.0 using this method, but before I do, what should I expect in terms of my phone after the upgrade? Will I still have all my photos/music/videos/contacts? Are there any backups I should make? Also, if I am not mistaken, Installer will NOT be on 2.0, as it's being replaced by Cydia?

Thanks.

Default Bootloader doesn't appear
    Hi guys.
    I'm having a problem.
    As I followed whatever the guide said, I was suppose to come across this thing where that Bootloader questions (the pink pop-ups) is suppose to appear after I click on the blue arrow after I click on the Build icon. But it doesn't appear and instead it brings me straight to the Building IPSW process. Need help ASAP. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Epical View Post
    About to upgrade to 2.0 using this method, but before I do, what should I expect in terms of my phone after the upgrade? Will I still have all my photos/music/videos/contacts? Are there any backups I should make? Also, if I am not mistaken, Installer will NOT be on 2.0, as it's being replaced by Cydia?

Thanks.
    upgrade will reset your phone but a restore (it asks you) will put back all your photos/music/videos/sms's etc etc

Installer is replaced by Cydia. Not as many apps yet..

Quote Originally Posted by gary.w View Post
    upgrade will reset your phone but a restore (it asks you) will put back all your photos/music/videos/sms's etc etc

Installer is replaced by Cydia. Not as many apps yet..
    Oh ok, thank you. I read someone in this thread restored their stuff back after the upgrade but that lead to no reception and what not. True?

Thank you Dev team. Awesome job. I t took some time but I got the 2.0 to work. YEAH : )
    Is anyone having issue with YouTube?

Quote Originally Posted by Epical View Post
    Oh ok, thank you. I read someone in this thread restored their stuff back after the upgrade but that lead to no reception and what not. True?
    Please understand that when you click on Restore in iTunes you are storing your iPhone to a particular factory (Apple) condition. If you're Pwning your iPhone with the custom IPSW file you've created with the Pwnage Tool, you are restoring your iPhone with the customized firmware 2.0. Before iTunes allow you to do that, it will perform a backup of your iPhone's content.

What you should do is synchronize your iPhone in iTunes before you perform the Pwnage. As you are correct, you should not be restoring the setting from your iPhone with the previous firmware after the Pwnage.

Your muisc/photos/contacts will not be lost because they are all on your Mac.

PS: you should remember that the copies on your Mac is the Master copy and the ones on the iPhone are just copies you carry around. Not vice versa.

What you will loose are your SMS messages, Notes, Network settings and any preference for your 3rd party applications installed on your iPhone prior to Pwnage. This is because you are not restoring the settings after the Pwnage is done.

Having said that you should be choosing to set up a new iPhone rather than restoring a previous backup version of your iPhone.

Afterwards you can then synchronize all the desire content back from your Mac using iTunes.

Default Upgrade to 2.0 normally first?
    Another guide, by Big Boss:

Pwnage 2.0 Guide - iPhone News & Review

suggests to restore to 2.0 normally first via iTunes if you are at 1.1.4 or lower. Since many other people are reporting issues, I'm thinking of doing this first, especially since I used Ziphone to unlock my 1.1.4. Any reasons not to do it, if even I'm just doing it for grits and shins?

Default Question [Restore in iTunes Pwnage 2 Step]
    Hi:
    I was not fast enough to hold the "option Key" in iTunes restore process.
    A few months ago I had to do the same task, but I do not remember how.
    Can someone please tell me how to restore the iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw.

I assume that even tough I will do the restore at a later time the results will be the same.
    Thank you
    Mario

when is the windows version going to be out? any ideas..

same "can't enter dfu mode bla bla" - in fact, I can't prevent itunes from taking over pwnage tool during the 10 seconds you have to hold the power button; while doing this, I presume that itunes detects the device and that pwnage "looses" it ... Does anyone have an idea of how to prevent itunes from launching automatically ?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast