Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Guide

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by solvegas View Post
    also getting a DFU mode error. tried the command line as suggested - doesnt seem to work. HELP!!
    the command line in the guide is wrong.

should be

cd ~/
    mkdir "Library/iTunes/Device Support"

do that and it should work

Hi kaps4u,

Am I correct that your iPhone (1st generation) was at 1.1.4, jailbreak and Unlocked?

Did you restore your iPhone to Apple factory 1.1.4 using iTunes 7.6.2, then upgraded your iTunes to 7.7 and downloaded firmware 2.0.

After you restored your iPhone to Apple factory 1.1.4, was your iPhone unactivated (meaning it has the cable image on the screen asking you to plug it into iTunes) when you plugin your iPhone at the step that the Pwnage Tool say to plug in the iPhone via USB to your Mac?

Thanks in advance.

I followed the hack to the letter. Right before the last step. (Bootneuter 2.0) It goes back into the Itunes Emergency dial out only status. Im using 1gen iphone. I had the 1.1.4. It worked flawlessly. I accidently updated to the 2.0 through Apple. Im on the Tmobile network in USA. Is anyone else having this problem? I understand this has just come out(Pwnage)I have the sime card installed as Im doing this. Should it be removed before this process?

Thanks...

Ok i got the same error as the DUF thing can i put it in that mode myself??? or do i need the pwnage tool to do it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by spico123 View Post
    has anyone any idea when pwnage 2.0 will b releasd? i know its a question everyones asking

finaly iv just downloaded pwnage 2.0 and its for the mac.............aaarrrrgggg please some one is there a windows version? plz plz plz plz
    Hey i went to work and used the pwnage tool. All it does is make a new firmware image with all the stuff in it. I saved the custom firmware image to my USB drive, brought it home ... and it just finished restoring through itunes and flashing the baseband.

So windows users it seems all they need for their iphone is the firmware file to get 2.0 unlock and jailbreaked

I had iphone 1.1.4 - activated, jailbreak, unlock before updating to 2.0.

Does firmware 2.0 virginize your phone?

what must i doo is there ptool 2.0 for windows os?

oh ok if you get the DUF error, just simply put it into it by your self.

So simply press and hold the power + home button and then simply let go of the power button and keep the home button pressed while it boots and u will get your DUF !!!

oh ok if you get the DUF error, just simply put it into it by your self.

So simply press and hold the power + home button and then simply let go of the power button and keep the home button pressed while it boots and u will get your DUF !!!
    Last edited by andyjoneski; 07-20-2008 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MyStur,

There is no official Pwnage Tool for Windows from iPhone Dev Team yet.

If you like you can following the instructions created by a reader on iPhone Hacks
    <http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/07/pwnage-tool-2.html#comment-123019990>

Just wondering if I could throw OSX into vmware and do this, or do I actually have to install OSX?

Quote Originally Posted by happybabyhippo View Post
    i always get a "Can't enter DFU mode" error... what do I do?
    i was getting the same problem, so i used ziphone 3.0 to put into dfu mode and then restored it with the custom firmware 2.0 and it worked...

Quote Originally Posted by vinko View Post
    MyStur,

There is no official Pwnage Tool for Windows from iPhone Dev Team yet.

If you like you can following the instructions created by a reader on iPhone Hacks
    <http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/07/pwnage-tool-2.html#comment-123019990>

its better that i wait for winos release

tnx allot vinko

I currently use 1.1.4 with Booloader Version 3.9 (Ziphone) and everything works very well. My question now is, wether I should use the option to update my bootloader to 3.9 (the one for download within this guide, because as I recall there was problem with Ziphone’s Bootloader 3.9)? Or should I upgrade to 4.6? And my second question would be, if I should use ‘Enable baseband update’ in the general-tab of Pwnage (what does this option do/mean and is it save to use it?)
    Last edited by Crawler; 07-20-2008 at 12:53 PM.

i just upgraded from an unlocked 1.1.1 to a 1.1.4 a couple of days back.
    but i got a "mount disk0s1 failed" when using pwnage 1.1, which made me use iliberty+
    just wondering if this'll work on my phone or do i still have to deal w/ the error?

I just used the "Pwnage 2.0 Guide" here to upgrade/unlock my iPhone (1st generation) that was unlocked & jailbroken at 1.1.4 using ZiPhone.

Before I began the Pwnage, I ensured there was a ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support/ folder and that this folder was empty. The entire process went without a hitch.

Thank you iPhone Dev Team, great work, we really appreciate all the hard work.

Thanks

I followed the instructions exactly as written in the guide, and I had no problems whatsoever. (I upgraded/unlocked a 1st Gen iPhone) It's working like a charm on T-Mobile and I'm kind of stunned I didn't run into more roadblocks. I haven't tried using Edge yet, though. In any case, big-ups to the modmyi posse.

Just did everything on the guide.... worked fine, accept now I can't get my Phone to work... no antena signal and cant make calls. Everything else is perfect. any idea what could solve my problem guys?

iPhone 1st Gen (AT&T)
    Had before a 2.0 added through itunes normal update with no jailbreak....
    Followed the guide and restored iphone settings in itunes to get my contacts, photos, music back.
    Last edited by leandrogw; 07-20-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leandrogw View Post
    Just did everything on the guide.... Followed the guide and restored iphone settings in itunes to get my contacts, photos, music back.
    I believe you should not have "restored iphone settings".

PS: did you choose not to "Activate" in the Pwnage Tool?

Waiting for this too. Otherwise, dev team has done a kick *** job. Many thanks.

good point... I'm going to try it again with that in mind. thank you for the reply!

cant get to enter DFU, even via terminal, help would be greatly appreciated

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast