Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ILibertyX

Default ILibertyX
    Discussion thread for ILibertyX. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Default Hactivation Trouble
    I used iLiberty to jailbreak and activate my 1G iphone and I'm having some trouble. I currently have ATT on another phone. So, I took this SIM card out and put it in the iphone and it says that there is not a valid SIM card installed. The SIM works fine in multiple other phones, but NOT the iphone.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows if I'll be able to install the software update v2.0 with a jailbroken/hactivated iphone?

I also tried to activate through the official process and then drop the data plan, but after several unsuccessful attempts, I gave that up.

Basically I'd like to use the iphone as a phone and not have the pay the monthly data plan.

Any help you can offer would be most appreciated!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You will be able to upgrade to 2.0 anytime if you're on AT&T, but if you don't have an "iPhone" plan then you'll have to wait for hactivation to bypass iTunes. As far as your invalid SIM error try and unlock with iliberty even though you'll be using AT&T... this fixes most SIM issues. Welcome to MMi!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just wanted to Report back used LibertyX to Jailbreak, Activate & Unlock Firmware 1.1.3.
    Using a Mac with OS 10.4.11 & iTunes 7.62. I did a restore first using iTunes back to 1.1.3, am holding off 1.1.4 as hopefully 2.0 is any day now.
    Anyway it took two attempts but iPhone is all up and activated with installer.
    Needed to restore due to a bad sync.... Frying Data....