Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting Started iPhone Modding OS X current 3

Default Getting Started iPhone Modding OS X current 3
    Discussion thread for Getting Started iPhone Modding OS X current 3. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sigmasm For This Useful Post:

steeler927 (12-09-2007)

Can this works on Windows Vista or Windows XP

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Thanked 4,853 Times in 1,237 Posts

No, this is OS X. Windows directions would be slightly different. I need a Windows box before I get going on that... cash just got one. Maybe he'll make something up....

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

steeler927 (12-09-2007)

What's Jailbreak?

does it work with windows xp?
    i want to update my iphone

Smile help

I was trying to update an unlocked iphone running 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 (previously upgraded from 1.0.2) . The phone worked fine on 1.1.1 When i ran the jailbreak.jar the program crashed on the last "rebooting stage". Now my phone wont restore or restart. Ive tried to restore from itunes but i keep getting an error message. Any help would be awesome!

Can u plz help me i followed the process o upgrade to 1.1.2 but then it turned out that i didnt have oktoprep and i have upgraded my phone to 1.1.2 but i am stuck in the jail break as it tells me u dont have oktoprep on your iphone . plz plz help help

this guide isn't working for me...i go from an unlocked 1.1.1 (with the 04.01.13_G firmware) and upgrade to 1.1.2...when I try to run the jailbreak.jar, it goes through the entire process, then leaves me with an iPhone in recovery/restore mode (cable pointing to itunes). the phone never restarts like the jailbreak.jar program says it will. any ideas?

Default Can't downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1
    Dear ifone modders,

First off, thanks for all the work you're doing to help us get the most out of our hardware. I tried the downgrade instructions but when I hold the option key to select either the 1.1.1 or the 1.1.2 firmware in itunes, it only goes through the first two progress bars and then gives the error code -1 message. The phone is then left in recovery mode and I have to restore to 1.1.3 again.

I'm on a Powerbook G4 1.25MHz with 1.5MB of RAM and iTunes 7.6. Has anyone with a similar setup had any success? Do I need an intel machine for the downgrade process? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nice tutorial, BUT,

I tryied exacltly as told in the Tutorial....

I had 1.11 OTB and working with another carrier with Installer.App instaled.

I try to upgrade to 1.12 or 1.13 and I stuck with the same image in my iphone (itunes icon+usb cable).

After that I tryed to restore via Itunes and I get error message "the iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (-50)".

Any hints....My iphone is now DEAD??!!!

What should I do??

Many thanks in Advacne,