Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AFP iPhone from Finder

Default AFP iPhone from Finder
    Discussion thread for AFP iPhone from Finder. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

I can't seem to log in. I put root as user and alpine as password.
    And I keep getting,
    Unknown user, incorrect password, or login is disabled. Please retype the name and password or contact the server's administrator.
    What to do? And how does one change the password to their own?
    Iphoned & now using T-MO prepaid, Been playing w/ Apples for nearly 2 decades...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Windows support?
    I know that AFP stands for Apple Filetalk Protocol, but is there anyway to do this in Windows? I tried Samba for iPod Touch, but it doesn't work as well.

How can I set the 0755 permissions in Finder?
    This sounds like a stupid question, indeed, but I can't get any application working.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hello there,
    I followed the instructions, but my Iphone does not connect with finder - or other wI even downloaded ULCTI tool to fire up an applictation.
    In that list I have black written apps and two red ones:
    com.afpd.afpd
    com.openssh.sshd

After chosen afpd I clicked on START in the menue. Nothing changed. Finder doesn t even ask for username or password. "connection failed"

anybody ?
    thanks. I"m totally new, please consider this when replying. Shortcuts or anything alike doesn t mean nothing to me

/////Solution: reboot iPhone !!! It helped. thanks for the hint.
    Last edited by blademoritz16; 11-19-2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Solution found !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blademoritz16 For This Useful Post:

mo010 (11-21-2007)

Is it possible to use AFP without having to log on to a Wifi network. I don't have a Wifi network to use with my ipod touch.

ok it didnt connect for me either..and i downloaded ulcti..what do i do now?

I got in without a problem; however, upon getting in I manually dragged programs in and they seem to be doing the Customize crash. I didn't think it to be too peculiar since I did it with Customize, but I tried it with mobilefinder and it did the same thing. Any idea of the problem?

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

I am curious as to which one is easier to use and update the iphone with. I have a jailbroke but not unlocked 1.0.2 that's been using ssh, does this program AFP offer anything better or faster why not just use the latter?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by compton,Tx View Post
    I am curious as to which one is easier to use and update the iphone with. I have a jailbroke but not unlocked 1.0.2 that's been using ssh, does this program AFP offer anything better or faster why not just use the latter?
    I was wondering the same thing.......
    finally able to access files on my iphone using WinSCP @ work and Fugu @ home on my macbook; curious if using the finder thru AFP will be any better (??).

actually a lil nervous after reading the warning thru Installer that the source isn't trusted !!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    if you go to the wiki on installing sources there is a source for shai's apps, once added it comes up in installer the app to download onto your iphone, once on your iphone, connect via usb cable and goto finder and press GO, then connect to server , then input your phones ip address and password, then you should have it there in finder, regards

Default Changing owner with AFP
    Hello

I have install AFP on my 1.1.3 Iphone, GREAT !!!

I wanted to change the owner of the IGPX2 files to it is working with 1.1.3

If I put owner "mobile" there is an answer that it is invalid

Does anybody know a solution ?

Thanks in advance

Cyril

Ok, I've had similar trouble as previous posters.

I saw another app via installer called "AFPd" in the Network section. I installed that and I was able to connect on the first attempt. I am prompted for a username/password so I entered root/alpine and I then was asked what folder I want mounted.

It seems slower than FUGU accessing the file system but I may just continue using this and see how it goes.

The only problem that I will have now is FUGU had a permissions tab that made it easy to change the permissions on files within the by either inputting a number or checking some boxes. This way via AFP I have to use terminal or something similar to change the permissions

I have read this Whole afp section and tried to have my iPhone connect to my MacBook Pro.
    Used AFP and AFPd but to no avail.
    Keep getting the message that the server is not responding.
    I have iPhone 1.1.4 (jailbroken)and OSX 10.5.5
    any help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Maldiver; 12-04-2008 at 02:45 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have inputed the source as directed. Then I went to Demon Apple Fil...
    I went to install it but after a few moments it said:

Error
    URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL ((null))

Quote Originally Posted by israelmolina83 View Post
    I have inputed the source as directed. Then I went to Demon Apple Fil...
    I went to install it but after a few moments it said:

Error
    URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL ((null))
    Same error as israelmolina83. I seem to get this error on almost any app I try to download from Installer. The only one that worked has been Video Recorder. I have had no problems at all downloading from Cydia. Even programs I can't download from Installer because of that error, I can download them from Cydia. I have an iPhone 3G running 2.2. Help! I can't seem to find a good answer for this on the entire internets. Thanks!