+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone Firmware Download Links

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Discussion thread for IPhone Firmware Download Links . If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default IPhone Firmware Download Links
    Discussion thread for IPhone Firmware Download Links. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey
    i have a new iphone 1.0.1. I want to upgrade to 1.1.1 and downloaded file but when I connect it to iTunes it asks me to activate my phone. When I went to software update the only option it gave me was 1.1.2

How can I by-pass this?

thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would like the answer to this question, too.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Connect the iPhone to the computer without having iTunes or iTunes Helper running. Hold down the Sleep and Home buttons on the iPhone for roughly 25 seconds until the connect to iTunes screen appears. Open iTunes. Hold down Option (shift if you're in Windows) and click restore. Choose the file you'd like to use to restore (in this case, 1.1.1). Let it run its course.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1.1.2 firmware
    When I try to install the disk image downloaded from the site I receive a message asking for a password.

Is there anybody who knows this password? or any other way to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i am currently using a 1.1.1 version i would like to upgrade to a better version of firmware.(1.1.2 or 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 which ever is better)

how do i do it? is there a way that i can do it thru my installer

Green Apple
    Thanks

No you have to download it and install it through iTunes
    if you are not on AT&T you will have to re jailbreak and unlock
    there are lost of ways to do it just use the search button
    Last edited by razorone; 05-30-2008 at 03:34 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have an iphone off of ebay and its been activated by that person and i have used ziphone on it and i can use the phone part and pics and stuff but i cant use nething else as far as safari or any type of internet or network requirements and i dont know if i can somehow unlock and jailbreak it so i can use everything and i dont mind if i lose the ipod portion of it i just want to download apps and use them mostly thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am not able to download iphone 1st gen firmware for 2.0 .. half way through the download it says connection to server was lost .. is there any way to download 2.0 firmware ? help ...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok I downloaded 1.1.4 so how in the world do I get it on my iphone? Thanks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sexythangiphone For This Useful Post:

Nytelife (10-27-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I used Winpwn 2.5 Beta to update my firmware to 2.0.2, i had 2.0.1 before. After that, the keypad for making phone calls did not work. So I tried restoring the iphone 2g to factory settings, but it did not work. I kept on receiving error messages 1604 and 20. I really need help. I've tried so many ways to reboot and restore, but it would not work. Can somebody please help?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xbl4kxch4osx View Post
    Hi, I used Winpwn 2.5 Beta to update my firmware to 2.0.2, i had 2.0.1 before. After that, the keypad for making phone calls did not work. So I tried restoring the iphone 2g to factory settings, but it did not work. I kept on receiving error messages 1604 and 20. I really need help. I've tried so many ways to reboot and restore, but it would not work. Can somebody please help?
    Google it.

Its been solved.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default quickpwn issues!!
    i have downloaded the firmware needed for the quickpwn which is 2.2 and there seems to be a problem since i run the program, the steps for jailbreaking the phone and nothing happens at the end it says finished. and i says succesfully done but i dont know why when the phone restarts there is no cydia or installer in my iphone.
    can anyone help????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello i was just wondering if anyone could help me please i have a firmware 4.0.2 on my iphone4 and am a new user i aint got no other firware on my desktop is there any way i can dowgrade my iphone4??????????????

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

anyone herd of when there will be a new safari down loader to work with the I phone 4 it sucks not being able to use ipodmovies .info and Mewseek .