Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: a quick plug for Wiki
07-30-2007, 09:13 PM #1
a quick plug for Wiki
Hey guys, the Wiki is an awesome part of MMi, and I encourage ya'll to play around with it a bit and learn it.
Check it out a little, and if you come up with a cool method on how to do something, post up a Wiki. If you see a method that is not explained well, or just in a post without a guide up, post up a Wiki.
Here's a couple quick Wiki tips:
- To Create a New Page: Go to www. modmyi .com/wiki/index.php/your_page_name_here (without the spaces in there). This will create the new page automatically. Then just hit Edit to edit the page. If you make a cool page, don't forget to link to it from your post so we can add it to the front page.
- To Make Something a Link: just put [http://www.yourlinkhere.com Your Desired Link Text] - the space in between separate the URL from the text that will be displayed.
- To Insert an Image: click Upload File on the left of the Wiki, upload the image, remember what its called, then in the Wiki page, type [[Image:Yourimagename.png]] or .jpg if its .jpg, or .gif if its .gif, etc.
- To Make Text: bold - put ''' (thats three apostrophes, not a quote and an apostrophe, etc) right in front of it and after it. (example: '''bold''')
italic - '' (thats two apostrophes, not a quote) right in front of it and after it. (example: ''italics'')
- To Make a Table of Contents at the Top of the Page: just put <h2></h2>, <h3></h3>, etc around the steps in the page you want to show up at the top of the page.
Will make a TOC with something like:
Wiki version here.
07-30-2007, 09:17 PM #2
07-30-2007, 09:19 PM #3
Yah either way. Does that method make the TOC automatically show up? Or do you then have to do the __TOC bit at the top?
header tags create the TOC automatically, although I suppose it doesn't matter either way, all personal preference.
07-30-2007, 09:19 PM #4
after three of four categories the toc automatically shows up
07-30-2007, 09:21 PM #5
08-28-2012, 05:39 AM #6
This is interesting guys! Thanks for sharing!