+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: List of All Rogue Installer Sources

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Discussion thread for List of All Rogue Installer Sources . If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default List of All Rogue Installer Sources
    Discussion thread for List of All Rogue Installer Sources. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Thanks

I am trying to find out how one can access a source xml in Mobile Safari and have it ask the user whether he/she wants the source added to Installer. Some of the sources do that, but what is the trick to that?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

edgewise (12-12-2007)

Thanks
    Also - BigBoss's installer repository URL: http://markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist

5. The Following User Says Thank You to evo_rallyman For This Useful Post:

skihound (11-13-2007)

Thanks

If someone can think of better names for the categories, please let me know!
    The ones right now are really cheap.

And evo_rallyman, you can add it yourself if you'd like!

Thanks

I would like to mention that the AlohaSoft source is still available, but since I decided to branch my packages according to firmware version, I have modified the alohasoft.xml to list only the two new sources for packages that apply to the respective firmware. So the alohasoft source will allow users to select which source they want and during installation, the alohasoft source will be deleted so that the user ends up with only the packages appropriate for their firmware. I think it's cool that we can install sources through installer itself.

Now, I would still suggest that the list be changed so people can install the appropriate source directly and not go through alohasoft.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

dinky (11-06-2007), RacerX910 (11-12-2007), The Jake Bush (12-15-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks for this armadillo!! 'Been waiting for this for a long time!!! Youre awesome!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey Amadillo

I don't know if this is something you can fix but I installed the keyboard through the installer... now you have 2 different ones... when I update the one for 1.1.1 .. installer tells me there is an update for customize and if I apply that it tells me theres another update.. and the 2 just keep updating each other.. its like an endless update.. any ideas?

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I would like to mention that the AlohaSoft source is still available, but since I decided to branch my packages according to firmware version, I have modified the alohasoft.xml to list only the two new sources for packages that apply to the respective firmware. So the alohasoft source will allow users to select which source they want and during installation, the alohasoft source will be deleted so that the user ends up with only the packages appropriate for their firmware. I think it's cool that we can install sources through installer itself.

Now, I would still suggest that the list be changed so people can install the appropriate source directly and not go through alohasoft.

Thanks

Obviously you only install one source. I really don't know how to make it more explicit. If you run 1.1.1, you add just ONE source: the http://.../111.xml. If you run 1.0.2 firmware, you install the other source. ONLY ONE applies.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does anyone know why some of the sources don't work? Like bigboss, MTL, deathtodesign. I typed everything in wright a few times and they just sit down at the bottom of the sources list in the uncategorized section without the blue arrow to the right. I am on 1.11 fw....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcj3582 View Post
    does anyone know why some of the sources don't work? Like bigboss, MTL, deathtodesign. I typed everything in wright a few times and they just sit down at the bottom of the sources list in the uncategorized section without the blue arrow to the right. I am on 1.11 fw....
    After you add any sources and it refreshes, close Installer, reopen it, refresh again, and everything should work. Sometimes they are just in the Uncategorized category.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I cant seem to get the BigBoss program to load on my iPhone, I'm running 1.0.2, could that be why??? I'm following all the directions as stated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Some Categories:

Important ones
    -Localization
    -Sets of tools (unlocking)
    Customizations
    -Themes
    -Ringtons
    -Icons
    Applications or Releases
    Software Compilations
    Personal

If the operators could define themselves and their goals, I think it would help this page a lot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crzydesi View Post
    I cant seem to get the BigBoss program to load on my iPhone, I'm running 1.0.2, could that be why??? I'm following all the directions as stated.
    Check for spelling and case. iPhone changes nu to by and iphone to iPhone. Those two will kill ya.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duffmann View Post
    Some Categories:

Important ones
    -Localization
    -Sets of tools (unlocking)
    Customizations
    -Themes
    -Ringtons
    -Icons
    Applications or Releases
    Software Compilations
    Personal

If the operators could define themselves and their goals, I think it would help this page a lot.

I completely agree, I would like to know what kind of stuff is offered before I add yet another source

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When ever i do an xml link it says that its untrusted and doesnt give me any of the apps. how do I fix this.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

your not spelling it right., and the sources are cap sensi toooo!!!all of the sources work except loring studios../and hightymes!!!!!
    Last edited by jedinight; 11-14-2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: becuase i felt like it..lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Are you using Installer or Safari? You should be adding the sources through Installer.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bobbyr For This Useful Post:

edgewise (11-19-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my installer got deleted from my iphone 1.1.1, how do i reinstall it.

does anyone know to put back the installer icon on mr springboard

does anyone know to put back the installer icon on mr springboard
    Last edited by Raytechnyc; 11-17-2007 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    download app tapp and run it, it will put installer on your iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dowloaded themes from hightymes and suddenly the phone froze..so i had to restart it (by holdin home and sleep buttons) as it restarted it its started showin a weird striped screen for 1 minute or sth then it got the menu (with the original icons) and it keeps showin the SIM LOCKED pop up (for the pin) and gettin the menu again..it doesnt react to any touches n when i push the sleep button it sleep after like 1-2 minutes!
    i thought of restorin it but it doesnt even CONNECT TO THE PC!!
    i DONT KNOW WUT TO DO!!! PLEASE HELP!