+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking the 1.1.1 iPhone anySIM

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Discussion thread for Unlocking the 1.1.1 iPhone anySIM . If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlocking the 1.1.1 iPhone anySIM
    Discussion thread for Unlocking the 1.1.1 iPhone anySIM. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

EDIT:
    I cyberducked to the iphone and once the connection was open, i was able to install the apps!!

everytime i try and install anysim.app or installer.app this is what happens:

i add the anysim.app via independence
    enter my phones IP and root password
    click OK

Host Verification Failed - say Yes to this message, but then I get another message saying:

"Couldn't remove entry from /Users/xxx/.ssh/known_hosts. Please edit the file by hand and remove the line containing your phones IP address."

Clicking OK to that message and no anysim or installer.app is installed on the iphone..

PLEASE HELP

Thanks
    Last edited by dalvin200; 10-24-2007 at 11:15 AM.

PF hopefully you can answer this question..Is it ok to use the new guide to unlock a 1.1.1 firmware phone that previously had been activated, jailbroken and one attempted unlock using the previous guide??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Setting Permissions failure
    Flying along well but can't get past the Setting Permissions piece as I try to add AnySim 1.1 ... had the Host failed message, accepted with "Yes" and received message "Couldn't remove entry from /Users/billscott/.ssh/known_hosts. Please edit that file by hand and remove the line containing your phone's IP address." I'm unsure how to do that? Any help much appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also have the same problem....someone help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I too am having the same permissions problems... anybody???

EDIT, SOLUTION!!!:

those of you who are getting the "edit by hand" error- i found a solution! the file it is talking about is a hidden/invisible file on your computer, in the directory that tells you (Users/yourusername/.ssh/). You need an application that will show your hidden/invisible files (like this one here). With hidden files now "SHOWN", navigate to the directory where that file is and just move it while you upload your applications. (I put mine on my desktop) You can put it back when you're done adding Anysim & Installer. Now go back into iNdepedance and you should be able to upload your apps without any troubles. Good luck!
    Last edited by remyzero7; 10-24-2007 at 09:42 PM. Reason: discovered workaround

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright! nice work remy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Great job, guys!
    Thanks for the guides...it's awesome. Successfully running v. 1.1.1 !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    indeed, much thanks for the great guides, I'm up & running on 1.1.1, fully unlocked and loving it. the only 2 snags (and they were really minor, actually) that I ran into were 1. having to install SSH via iNdependance prior to "Prepping for Upgrade" and 2. the above "edit by hand" invisible file bit. other than that, everything was just like your tutorial told me it would be. oh, and I never had that "Set up as a new iPhone" screen in iTunes, it just connected to my iPhone. But that was more of a "feature" than a problem . Cheers for mmi!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I do this unlock on my OTB iPhone 1.1.1, will I be able to swap SIM-cards afterwards?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Worked Great!!
    Thanks (^_^)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great news I can finally upgrade. Quick question, maybe I missed this but while doing all this should my sim card be in the phone or not? And which sim card, the original ATT or my Rogers card?

Thanks in advance. Glad everyone is finally able to enjoy 111. Wonder how long before another update with 10.5 coming out tomorrow?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi! I´ve a 1.0.2 iphone with IFSP, it´s unlocked and running. Can I do the upgrade to 1.1.1 and the do this Guide? Best Regards

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

PLEASE HELP
    I get the following error after
    # ./bbupdater -f ./ICE03.14.08_G.fls -e ./ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    Everything flows nicely until the last step

ProgressUpdated: 100
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Sending end-pack.
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 2 min 3 sec.
    Error: Failed to download .FLS: Could not verify downloaded image.

Please Help

EDIT: Had to downgrade firmware version, worked like a charm!
    Last edited by lpbf2202; 10-26-2007 at 11:15 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by remyzero7 View Post
    I too am having the same permissions problems... anybody???

EDIT, SOLUTION!!!:

those of you who are getting the "edit by hand" error- i found a solution! the file it is talking about is a hidden/invisible file on your computer, in the directory that tells you (Users/yourusername/.ssh/). You need an application that will show your hidden/invisible files (like this one here). With hidden files now "SHOWN", navigate to the directory where that file is and just move it while you upload your applications. (I put mine on my desktop) You can put it back when you're done adding Anysim & Installer. Now go back into iNdepedance and you should be able to upload your apps without any troubles. Good luck!
    attempted to move the hidden file app, but it keeps reappearing when i move it. still unable to install apptapp. anyq suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by itssstony View Post
    attempted to move the hidden file app, but it keeps reappearing when i move it. still unable to install apptapp. anyq suggestions?
    nevermind. got it - moved the wrong file =P
    Last edited by itssstony; 10-25-2007 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@Rosenqvist Yes it remains unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks
    would i be able to install anysim... use tmobile then actually go back to at&t? and how would i do that exactly... restore the phone? orrr...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    PF hopefully you can answer this question..Is it ok to use the new guide to unlock a 1.1.1 firmware phone that previously had been activated, jailbroken and one attempted unlock using the previous guide??
    I have the same question. I activated, jailbroke, and unlocked a virgin 1.1.1, but I'm having issues with the capacity usage and cannot find a solution.
    Can I use this guide to virginize, and then re-unlock?

thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK so I am a bad person and don't thank people enough on forums and such, but just wanted to say a MEGA thank-you for this guide. This is the kind of guide that soooo many people start new threads requesting and you've spent all that time and effort to do it.

Hope you read this Mr clever person.

PS: Am I the only person who's interested in the people BEHIND the hacking? pspupdates.qj.net ran a weekly article profiling the people behind the aliases during the PSP hacking, was really interesting. Possibility of same thing happening here?