+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IActivator easy iPhone activation

is a discussion within the

Wiki Discussions

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Discussion thread for IActivator easy iPhone activation . If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
    Thanks

Default IActivator easy iPhone activation
    Discussion thread for IActivator easy iPhone activation. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

None problems
    1. Must have IPhone directly connected to computer not dock!
    2.The software crashes when jailbraking needs a fix
    3. needs intructions on how to take off the file so people can use atnt as service

Thease are the problems I have come across and need to be fixed frist one is my bad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Firmware
    IActivator does not recognize any files in the firmware folder or sub-folders. Have I done something wrong? I have followed the instructions exactly as they are laid out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works fine except I can only access 300megs of the iphone, and 200 of those are filled with miscellaneous files.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem iPhone was only 300megas and when puts some music inside, doesn't works.

Quote Originally Posted by gtech View Post
    Works fine except I can only access 300megs of the iphone, and 200 of those are filled with miscellaneous files.
    I tryed with a new version of iActivatore v.1.1.2 it's resolve the problem now my iPhone have a 8gb hd
    Last edited by frankye; 07-30-2007 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Doesn't work on a completely unactivated iPhone
    I'm trying to get this process working on a completely unactivated iPhone, but it doesn't work. I can generate the activation, but when I try return to jail, I get an error that reads "error opening destination file for writing on phone"

I also notice that a lot of the screenshots in the how to show that it has been done on a previously activated iPhone. Has anybody done this sucesfully on a new out of the box iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where can I find the iActivator v.1.1.2???

Link Please!!

My iphone has only 300mb of memory now :S

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

Yah, frankye, where'd you find the new version? Anyone who finds it, post it here so I can update our downloads...

for anyone having problems, open up iPhoneinterface while connected, and put the Services.plist file back on your phone, and then restart the phone. That should fix it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I get this message when using the button "Put PIM File". Any hints?

-Error opening destination file for writing on the phone-

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I thought you could only buy an iPhone if you signed up for a 2yr contract with AT&T. Is there a way to get around this, and then use the iActivate or am I missing something? Basically I'm wondering how you activate an iPhone without service if you (as far as I know) have to sign a contract to get the phone in the first place.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jospock View Post
    Discussion thread for IActivator easy iPhone activation. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
    I used the application however between the steps my iphone freezed and when i reboot it it hangs when the apple reboot sign appears .. when i re-run the application it always shows Disconnected and i can not connect .. Does this mean my iphone is dead and i have to replace it. Help please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default error 0
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I can't get it to work? I get error 0?
    Mee too!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can always reset your iPhone using iTunes. Just hook up the USB cable between your computer with iTunes and your iPhone and iTunes will start up and recognize the iPhone. It will then recognize there is a problem with the iPhone and offer to reset it.

I was able to get my virgin iPhone activated using iActivator. I had problems getting the error message that it was improperly paired. I got around this by resetting the iPhone (Menu and Sleep buttons) and then shutting the phone off and on. Eventually it paired and I completed the iActivator process and had a wonderful non-phone iPhone.

I then tried to install some music and movies and iTunes tried to install the new update v1.0.1 - completing all of the steps except the end when iTunes advised that it was unable to complete the update. I then reset the iPhone as described above and am back to my iPhone brick.

I have tried to reuse iActivator but am unsuccessful in getting it paired and I have tried everything. If anyone has any advice to get passed the pairing problem I would appreciate it.

In the end all this program does is allows the iPhone to be a fancy iPod with Wi-Fi capabilities - but NO phone service (and no fees AT&T). I do plan on signing up for AT&T service, but am not ready to do so for a few months when my Spring contract expires. So it would be ideal if I could play with the iPhone as an iPod and Wi-Fi Safari computer until then...

Hope this helps!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does iActivator require you to have a valid, working (non-activated) AT&T sim in the phone? I've managed to lock my AT&T sim (stupid, I know) and obviously can't request a PUK as I'm in the UK and have only previously activated the phone via iActivator.

I'm fine at the moment but I'm wondering if I'll be able to do a firmware upgrade/restore/deactivate/reactivate using iActivator if the AT&T sim is not present in the phone. I've removed the AT&T sim and can sync etc with no problems.

Question remains: do I need the sim to use iActivator again should I need to? I can jailbreak but I'm not sure what happens if I deactivated and then tried to reactivate.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Please Help !
    i did everything , but , when i do the ACTIVATE iPHONE then browse the plist
    and a error message come up (activation failedwith code -402653165)

can anybody help me ????

tks in advance

Jj

x23
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just ordered the 4gb iphone. I'm planning on just using it as a ipod,wifi, etc...

few questions...do I need a sim card in order to activate it?

does all the features expect for phone work?

after the activation, Will I still be able to upgrade the firmwares in the future through itunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is this the way to go about it if you already have a contract with AT&T and just want to put that sim card in the iPhone?
    I am asking this because of the announcement this morning of O2 wining the iPhone in the UK and I already have a contract with them, this activation then would let me go on a cheaper tariff than the ones that O2 have come up with.
    Thanks in advance.
    Iestyn