Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone3g cydia won't open

Default Iphone3g cydia won't open
    Everything was fine till I updated via streaming download and now when I push on cydia app it starts saying loading data then goes back to icons homescreen? I need to access my cydia to enable the upgrades installed please help

3gs - same after blackrain RC3. Cydia won't open.

Had the same problem, if you have terminal installed open it and type in su root, then your password, which if you havent cganged it is alpine, then type apt-get update it will run an show you any corrupted files you might have run the same command again reboot and cydia should work, theres another method too which i found but did not attempt so if feel free to use it if the first method didnt work
    blog.alltechrelated.com/2009/07/19/cydia-crashes-on-3-0-here-is-the-fix/
    Or you can use a program called clearcydiacachelist, download that and run it with your phone plugged in

thanks calebratm.. I'd stayed at 05.11.07 but gone to 3.1.2 from 3.1 unlocked with blacksnow after blackrain. no more terminal. I think Cydia wanted to start the first time but now - from blackra1n Icon, Cydia Install - downloads/unpacks - displays problem in red and returns to Home page.

Is it possible to get cydia without jailbreak?