+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Better email app

is a discussion within the

Web Apps

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I was wondering if there is any app out there that I could use instead of the regular email app. The reason for this is that I get all my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Better email app
    I was wondering if there is any app out there that I could use instead of the regular email app. The reason for this is that I get all my spam email from my mailboxes in my regular phone inbox. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomny View Post
    I was wondering if there is any app out there that I could use instead of the regular email app. The reason for this is that I get all my spam email from my mailboxes in my regular phone inbox. Thanks
    Hey Yomny,

I couldn't find an app that did the job and I don't think u could escape the fact that the native mail app would kick in if you were to use any other app that uses email (eg to "send" a pic or something)

However there is a great workaround. You can set up a free gmail account, have it pick up your email from your regular account and take advantage of gmail's excellent (and accurate) spam filtering.

See:
    http://tinyurl.com/cpxwu8

You can even set it up to reply from the address the email you received was originally sent to. This way the gmail address is never revealed and as far as anyone contacting you is concerned they've emailed you at your usual address and you've replied from your usual address!

Hooray.