+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free sms for iTouch

is a discussion within the

Web Apps

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Sorry if its in the wrong forum. Im tired of looking in the internet for a app for my itouch 2G for sending free sms internationaly. I used the global
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Free sms for iTouch
    Sorry if its in the wrong forum.
    Im tired of looking in the internet for a app for my itouch 2G for sending free sms internationaly. I used the global aq before but it doesnt work like since the beggining of the year. So if you guys could tell me one good app free that makes me able to send sms plz let me know or leave a reply. Im from europe by the way.
    Thanks in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephiroth_tuga For This Useful Post:

evildeeds95 (10-23-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

app id called "TextFree" just installed it on my Daughters ipod touch works great

Thanks

Whatsapp? best app for free textin. and for only 59p!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To send free SMS text messages via AIM in iPhone or iPod Touch, follow these steps:

1. Download and install AIM client for iPhone from the App Store, either in iTunes or iPhone.

2. Open iChat (or any other instant messaging client used in the mobile device), create a new buddy contact, and set his or her AIM address as his or her complete cellphone number (with country and area code) preceding with a plus sign (+). For example, +12065550551.

3. On the iPhone, run AIM client. Once connected to the AIM service, the AIM client will load the stored buddy list from AIMís server, and also reveal the new AIM contact with cell phone number created via iChat.

4. Tap the buddy name that want to send text messages to, then compose the text message, and tap Send to send out the SMS.

5. If there is any reply from the recipient, the return message will appear in AIM client.
    mod edit/links removed.