+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: .iso's on an iphone???

is a discussion within the

Web Apps

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi there, Im new to this so bare with me. I have about four thousand dvds ( all legally purchased) ripped to .iso's on a few unraid servers that i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default .iso's on an iphone???
    Hi there,
    Im new to this so bare with me. I have about four thousand dvds ( all legally purchased) ripped to .iso's on a few unraid servers that i use in mainlobby. I also have orb running just in case. I am going to be traveling A LOT over the next few months and was wondering if there is a way to watch/stream the iso's to my iphone? It is jail broken and everything but i am unsure on what i would need. I have many computers including the dedicated server for mainlobby that runs all the time so i would not be opposed to installing some sort of client software if i had to. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Don

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I am not sure about iso. And it would suck to convert all them to a media file too. But I used to use Tversity for some over web streaming. But as I last checked iso is still not supported. The iPhone is supported for over web streaming. TVersity - Supported Devices

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

DonB3130 (03-12-2010)

Thanks

ISO files will not play, to the best of my knowledge. Sucks, but you would most likely have to convert them to some playable video format (divx, xvid, whatever) and there are apps that will allow you to stream over the interwebz.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

DonB3130 (03-13-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

always give tversity a shot. it converts and streams on the fly. im not sure about iso tho

Thanks

I actually checked if Orb supports iso files but they don't.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i know a step by step guide on how to convert dvd iso to iphone to play iso files on iphone 5/4s/4/3gs/3g at Rip and Convert DVD in MPEG-2, VOB, AVCHD, IFO, ISO to iPhone Supported Format

besides converting and playing iso files on iphone, it also helps convert and play dvd ifo, dvd vob/mpeg2/avchd, protected dvd on iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A .iso would take up lots of space on iPhone... Try running a vlc server on mainlobby and have it stream the ISo on the fly to any format. Mp4 is native to ios, but yxflash for iPhone is a good client that plays everything.