Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Web Appsforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
12-23-2009, 01:27 AM #1Cannot Access/play mp4 video file on safari IPod Itouch through apache webserver
I had configured the httpd-2.0.54 on imx51 freescale processor board (192.168.0.95) and trying to display video on client web browser through Apache httpd web server. I am trying to play video files for mp4 and 3gp video codec format. I have installed Quicktime player to play video on my window system (as plug-in).
1) When I am accessing the file from web browser like fire fox or IE, than its playing the video on target system (window system).
Ex: - http://192.168.0.95/fv.mp4 by firefox on window working
But, whenever I am trying to display the same video file through safari web browser on Ipod Itouch (8GB flash)
Than, it cannot display/plying and show message video file can not playing.
Ex: - http://192.168.0.95/fv.mp4 by safari on Ipod Itouch not working.
2) For test purpose, I had installed same apache httpd-2.0.54 on my other linux system 192.168.0.14, and accessing the same video file from Ipod Itouch than I can access the video and even it's playing the video by safari web browser. I can play video codec format like 3gp, mp4 and m4v by this.
3) For error detection, I have tried three cases on imx51 & httpd-2.0.54, and also taken access_log every time.
• Accessing fv.mp4 (http://192.168.0.95/fv.mp4) file through window system firefox browser and succeed to playing video file. For this access_log file like this
192.168.0.133 - - [01/Jan/1970:00:09:34 +0000] "GET /fv.mp4 HTTP/1.1" 200 223032
• Accessing the fv.mp4 (http://192.168.0.95/fv.mp4) file through safari web browse on Ipod Itouch. I can't access/play video file. For thus access_log file like this
192.168.0.208 - - [01/Jan/1970:00:11:30 +0000] "GET /fv.mp4 HTTP/1.1" 206 2
192.168.0.208 - - [01/Jan/1970:00:11:29 +0000] "GET /fv.mp4 HTTP/1.1" 200 223032
Reply With Quote