+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can web apps have a desktop launcher icon?

is a discussion within the

Web Apps

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I dont know where I heard this, (at the sdk press conference or something) but I think I heard you can develop web apps and have a custom desktop icon
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default can web apps have a desktop launcher icon?
    I dont know where I heard this, (at the sdk press conference or something) but I think I heard you can develop web apps and have a custom desktop icon for them?

Im not talking of course about 3rd party apps, or any kind of hack here. Im talking about the apps that apple accept in their site. So is it possibl to have an icon for your web app ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hum, have you tried the FW 1.1.3/4 ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danywachy View Post
    I dont know where I heard this, (at the sdk press conference or something) but I think I heard you can develop web apps and have a custom desktop icon for them?

Im not talking of course about 3rd party apps, or any kind of hack here. Im talking about the apps that apple accept in their site. So is it possibl to have an icon for your web app ?
    on 1.1.3 and above if you go to the relevant web app site then press the '+' button at the bottom then 'Add to Homepage' will create a home page icon. Whatever is on the screen at the time will be the icon so zoom into a pretty picture or something, unless, like MMi the site has a default neat n tidy icon it adds instead