Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Am I even using Winterboard correctly??

Thanks

Default Am I even using Winterboard correctly??
    Ya know, sometimes I feel like I am not even using winterboard correctly

For example, I will download, like, lets just say mario theme, or whatever, and before I download it, you know how it explains a little about what it is....it will say "with over 100 icons and wallpapers, etc.. or something like that. Well, I will download it, and when I go into winterboard, yeah, I see the option to check my new theme, but, where the heck are all the "over 100 icons" and all that other stuff?? Like, when I choose to use that certain theme, well, i don't see any extra stuff, or options to use any other different icons other than the ones that are included in that theme

Am i using it correctly, and just interpreting wrong?

Some apps, say like theirs have all this stuff to choose from if you download it, but, yeah, it has the new theme with cute icons and the slider and all, but, what do they mean, by "choose from over 150 different wallpapers or ringtones, etc... where the heck are they, since under wallpaper, I just see the place where I check what theme I wanna use, and then it appears as just, the icons, the slider, the battery picture, etc..thats been put there, and no where to choose from all this other stuff

Ok found a perfect example! The M&M theme on Cydia!
    It states, it includes rotating wallpapers, sms, notes, battery, and more?
    Ugh!! Nevermind not a PERFECT example! It;s saying operation not permitted, http//www.ispaziorepo.com yada yada whatever! Nevermind!

Anyway, if anyone know what the Heck I mean, can you buzz in and let me know if I am using it correctly and just interpreting wrong, or just plain using it wrong! Probably using it wrong!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,924 Times in 6,059 Posts

All that is included in the theme.
    If your using a ssh or iphonebrowser program you can actually look at every file, icon, wallpaper that is in the theme.
    Sometimes icons are not spelled correctly and you may have to rename them.
    In winterboard I stack the theme I'm using on the bottom, and every other thing above that if that makes sense. Anything in winterboard that is above the theme you have ticked, will take priority over the theme.
    The wallpapers included and typically named Wallpaper.png, Wallpaper1.png and so on. So you will have to dig into the theme and choose which one you want.
    Hope this has helped.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 05-08-2009 at 04:22 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (05-08-2009)

Thanks

blkcadi, yeah, that makes sense as far as whatever I check off will take priority. I don't really get in there, as far as
    ssh, cuz, well, I never learned how to do that

I have used iphonebrowser a couple of times, but, I remember getting kinda confused, cuz there were soo many options, and I didn't know where to go to change something, and I didn't want to mess up stuff, so I just left it alone

Well, thanks for the advice, I guess if I would learn how to ssh, then things would be alot easier to add and delete things I always see people talking about sshing, but, I really don't know anything about it other than you can add and delete things for your iphone?
    Geesh!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Right on another thing is make sure any other winterboard themes arent conflicting this can cause prob it took me a while i combined diff bits of themes to one using scp and only ave one checked wb theme. Uses less mem too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fattyindoors For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (05-09-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    as far as
    ssh, cuz, well, I never learned how to do that Geesh!
    Look at this.
    And this.
    These links will help you.
    I totally understand. When I first started I had no idea. But once I dug into it, it was sooooo easy. There are tons of people that will help as I will.
    Don't be scared, you can always restore if you screw something up.
    Dig in Gal, Lets show the boys that chicks can haz thier way with phonze tooo.LoL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (05-09-2009)

You mention having the theme at the bottom... I was always under the impression your active theme was supposed to be at the top of winterboard? Also, is there a way to delete themes you no longer use without SSH?

Thanks

Nope, at the bottom if you are going to use anything else with it like user wallpaper or anything else.
    you can delete if you go back into Cydia and go to manage, it will show you everything you've downloaded you can remove it there.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (05-09-2009)