+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: skype using 3g data - cydia app

is a discussion within the

Web Apps

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Guys having solved my earlier apps problem, i noticed that you couldnt use skype without wifi(normal) but having checked in Cydia there was a recent addition that allowed you to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default skype using 3g data - cydia app
    Guys having solved my earlier apps problem, i noticed that you couldnt use skype without wifi(normal) but having checked in Cydia there was a recent addition that allowed you to skype using just your 3g data...however i cant get it to work...anybody with an anser, better luck? or is it april 1st? which it is obviously but you know what i mean....thanx guys

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

make sure you edit the system strings to allow it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default skype using 3g data
    thanks for the reply but how do you change the system strings to allow it? please explain and thanx

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

This MobileSubstrate library can trick any application into thinking that it is on Wifi even though it is on a cellular data connection. There are a lot of possible uses for that, but for me the main use is being able to use VoIP programs like Fring over 3G. You can configure what apps get tricked by adding the app’s bundle identifier to “/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/VoIPover3G.plist”. Currently, the default is to trick only appstore and fring. If you remove or rename the VoIPover3G.plist ALL applications will be tricked. This is not recommended though, because for a lot of apps its makes sense to know whether they are on wifi or 3G.