Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: customize on 2.2.1

Default customize on 2.2.1
    i just installed customize through cydia on my iphone, and downloaded customize onto my laptop. I SSH'd , dragged and dropped customize from laptop to iphone. All the the files are in the folder wneh i click on it to check before closing SSH connection.When i open customize on iphone its OK, doesnt crash, but there is nothing there, no file collections or anything.I tried to edit system strings and it tells me it cannot be saved!when i was on spicy chicken site they mentioned something about changing permissions, but i have no idea what that means or how to do it.If the customize file shows a collection of icons and wallpapers and themes when i opened it while in SSH why cant i see them on my iphone! I dont understand where they are .Any help would be appreciated.thanks.

Thanks

Don't think Customize works with any firmware greater than 1.1.4

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I installed customize this week.. and all it does for me is ask for an account creation... which I do.. then proceed into the app just to find out that it won't do anything. Still worthless.

Thanks

Last time I used Customize was on firmware 2.0,1 or whenever WInterboard was released. Never looked back. I did try installing it again for kicks a couple of weeks ago when people first started saying it was up again but couldnt get it to apply anything. I was wondering if we needed to change a bunch of permissions like I remember doing to get it working on one of the old 1.1.x firmwares before the app was patched. I never tried it because Im pretty happy wiht winterboard now.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

The last time I was able to use customize without crasing was on 2.0, as soon as 2.1 came out it was a no-go. Winterboard is great but I really like customize a lot better. Too bad spicy chicken just stopped developing. He is supposedly working on a new release I'll believe when i see it.