+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Web Apps Store

is a discussion within the

Web Apps

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Recently, I have purchased many new applications for my iPod Touch from Apple's App Store. As you've probably noticed, finding the applications you want is very easy thanks to Apple's
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post Web Apps Store
    Recently, I have purchased many new applications for my iPod Touch from Apple's App Store. As you've probably noticed, finding the applications you want is very easy thanks to Apple's incredible App Store. However, Apple has yet to create a place where users can easily locate and utilize web-based applications and services for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Their website does have a page in which users can view web applications submitted to Apple, but the site is completely optimized for an iPhone or iPod Touch user.

To solve this problem, I've decided to start on a project called the "WebApp Store." I will feature many applications from Apple's website which will obviously be delivered free. The store will have the same familiar iPhone user interface and basic layout that the App Store features. The service will also feature directions on how to save the web application's link to your home screen, making it easier to access.

For web developers, this product may be open source. Though not a program users can add much to, it still is a chance to try designing for the iPhone. Developers can submit anything from code snippets, to better graphics and layout techniques.

If you have a web-based game, application or other service that you would like to be featured in our new store, please reply to this post or email us at [email protected]. For anyone else, we're looking for feedback on this idea. Tell us what you think about it and how you think it will work out in the iPhone community.

All applications submitted before the store is open will be reviewed and added to the store. We will notify the corresponding developer by Email or another method confirming that their App has been added as well as a set date for the store's opening if one is available.
    Last edited by thurbs190; 03-05-2009 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Added Open Source possibility + Developer Notification

Thanks

see the only reason i dont like this idea is b/c there are no good web apps

but besides that its pretty good

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

thurbs190 (03-04-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, we're planning to create some of our own. I hope we can get a developer community going too which might be able to create some better apps.

Thanks

might be interesting

we will see

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

thurbs190 (03-04-2009)

Banned
    Thanks

I like the idea. Have you started the site yet? I'd like to see the progression. When are you looking to release.

Also, e-mail you my site to be added.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Z For This Useful Post:

thurbs190 (03-09-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All applications submitted before the store is open will be reviewed and added to the store. We will notify the corresponding developer by Email or another method confirming that their App has been added as well as a set date for the store's opening if one is available.
    Thurbs190

Green Apple
    Thanks
    that is true all REAL developers have made an app not a web app