+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MiV Tones Help!!

is a discussion within the

Web Apps

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I have installed it on my phone and had it working just fine.... I woke up this morning and the sound doesn't play but the video will still play...any ideas..thanks
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default MiV Tones Help!!
    I have installed it on my phone and had it working just fine.... I woke up this morning and the sound doesn't play but the video will still play...any ideas..thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

go into mivtones video preview and play the video you are using once its playing turn up the volume button on the side of the phone........ if that fails try a soft reset on the phone itself (Power & Home button) then try it
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That was it...Thanks

Thanks

I had miv tones working. I bought the vip membership and set my tone to The coldplay ringtone.. Now for some reason i go into settings and miv tones is not there for me to change it.. did i just pay 20 bucks for one ring tone or what?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevolee6 View Post
    I had miv tones working. I bought the vip membership and set my tone to The coldplay ringtone.. Now for some reason i go into settings and miv tones is not there for me to change it.. did i just pay 20 bucks for one ring tone or what?
    Try putting your ringtones in the folder: var/mobile/Media/Videotone/Ring

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jonny202003's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, this is a bad bug that happens to me like every 2 days, I wish they just stuck to using the iPod music player volume instead of there own thing, especially because when I get a call with my headphones on it's like ear shattering loud.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i don't mean to jack your thread but I need Mivtones help.

I want to remove it.
    I loaded it the Cydia
    Mivtones 3.0
    I D/L 1 vtone thru it's Library (some dancingbitch)
    and now I can't turn it off.
    i removed Mivtones
    I still got the stinking vtone as my default ringtone.
    i have rebooted many times
    i have reset my ringtones to different default ringtones, and rebooted

but no mattr what i do my default ringtone
    is this same vtone, i d/l in mivtones library.
    in mivtones MediaLibrary . the default dancing cow video is the only video file in there.
    i can't fine the vRingtone (some dancingbitch) that plays useing iPhonebrowser.
    or i would delete it.

like i say
    I have removed Mivtones , and it still plays a vringtone.
    Help.............Make it stop

thanks
    I don't want to restore...............unless

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed mivtones today and I was able to setup my contacts with video tones, however it will not let me turn it on says my account is expired and now i cant even use it i get a msg saying that i can only verify 1 sccount on my phone which i didnt try anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Either I'm Ignorant or It's a POS
    Installed MiVTones and purchased the full version.

Dropped a couple of m4v files into var/mobile/Media/Video Tone/Video using iphonebrowser.

In MiVTones, if I click on Categories/Folders/MiVTones Video, they show up there and can even be previewed.

However, when I'm trying to assign them to Contacts or even as my Default tone, they don't appear in the Media Library. WTF??

I see:

Downloads
    iTunes Library
    Sources
    Folders
    Others

But, the only tone that shows up in this list is the one I downloaded from the online library.

Anyone have a clue??

Thanks

Same thing is happening to my phone. I'm going to re jailbreak it I'll let you know

I figured it out, what you need to do is add them to your media library.
    Go to categories and look for the video you want and hit the plus sign. Then it will show up in your media library.
    Last edited by elsupertech; 08-19-2009 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Resolved
    Quote Originally Posted by recondaddy View Post
    Installed MiVTones and purchased the full version.

Dropped a couple of m4v files into var/mobile/Media/Video Tone/Video using iphonebrowser.

In MiVTones, if I click on Categories/Folders/MiVTones Video, they show up there and can even be previewed.

However, when I'm trying to assign them to Contacts or even as my Default tone, they don't appear in the Media Library. WTF??

I see:

Downloads
    iTunes Library
    Sources
    Folders
    Others

But, the only tone that shows up in this list is the one I downloaded from the online library.

Anyone have a clue??
    OK, here's what I discovered. The contact to which I was trying to assign a ringtone had a special character in the name (an apostrophe). Once I removed the apostrophe from her name, it allowed me to assign the ringtone.

Quote Originally Posted by elsupertech View Post
    Same thing is happening to my phone. I'm going to re jailbreak it I'll let you know

I figured it out, what you need to do is add them to your media library.
    Go to categories and look for the video you want and hit the plus sign. Then it will show up in your media library.
    Thanks, elsupertech. I finally discovered that, but I figured out that I needed to be very precise with my pressing of the plus sign. When I was pressing the plus sign (with my exceptionally fat fingers), it was playing the video but not adding it to my library.

Thanks.
    Last edited by recondaddy; 08-19-2009 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi guys,

i installed (and bought) the MiVTone, but when i add my videos to it, they do not show up in the library. i used SSH to do so, and they dont show up in the Miv's library. What do i do now? is there a video length limit? (like 30 seconds? 40 seconds?)

Your help is appreciated!