+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Testers for Application

is a discussion within the

Web Apps

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi, I've created a web app and need some help testing it. It is a skygazing application that tells you when and where the planets are now as well as
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Need Testers for Application
    Hi,

I've created a web app and need some help testing it. It is a skygazing application that tells you when and where the planets are now as well as when they will be the most visible from your location.

One of the things I need tested is the web clip. My iPhone is a 1.1.2 so I cannot verify if the icon I setup is working. The site is here:

http://www.mobilefission.com/iskygaze

The math routines still have to be optimized, so it takes about 15 seconds for it to calculate the sky in your location.

I appreciate your help!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well the icon thing works... its like a cartoon jupitor. im trying out the rest now...

EDIT:

ok well i tried it it seems reallyy cool.... i will check to nght to see if the readings are accurate.. good work.. like the UI... maybe make into a native app....
    Last edited by julianqm2; 02-02-2008 at 08:15 AM.
    If i helped hit Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to julianqm2 For This Useful Post:

yarsrvenge (02-02-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

webclip icon works for me too.

I like the application; it offers some pretty neat info. Nice that is tailored to my location so I don't have to do any time zone conversions. I'll recommend this to my buddy with a telescope.

If I had to offer one criticism (which I know you didn't ask for, so feel free to disregard this), I'd change the webclip icon to something a little more... cool. But honestly, thats just my opinion.

Thanks for the app!
    Last edited by MOSHO92; 02-02-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post
    webclip icon works for me too.

I like the application; it offers some pretty neat info. Nice that is tailored to my location so I don't have to do any time zone conversions. I'll recommend this to my buddy with a telescope.

If I had to offer one criticism (which I know you didn't ask for, so feel free to disregard this), I'd change the webclip icon to something a little more... cool. But honestly, thats just my opinion.

Thanks for the app!
    i think the same thing
    the icon
    is pretty u know not that cool.. i would say something better =D but the app is awesome
    its soo cool i wish it was night already to see if i can see some of these planets at night
    with a girl
    romantic much right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thanks
    I have no problem with criticism I cannot see how the icon really looks on the screen, so it is hard to judge how well it looks. I will work on a new one Monday.

More important right now are the calcs. I just noticed the recommended viewing time for the Moon is not close to correct today. I am working on that bug right now as well as another one related to recommended times. Will hopefully have it done before it gets dark.

When I get a new icon created Monday I will float it by you guys.

The calc problem has been resolved. I also put a new icon up there until I can get something more permanent in place.

Some of the verbiage in the details section could use some cleaning up. I use heuristics to try and use correct sentence structure based on the data I calculate, but it can still be a little odd looking. Example: If the best time to see the object is when it is at its highest point, there is no need to have the same information in two sentences.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Last edited by yarsrvenge; 02-02-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I like the new icon!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've updated the app. When you select Begin SkyGazing it will give you three different viewing options. They are explained in the Tutorial section. The first option which simply tells you what is visible right now and where to find it. It is very fast.

I'll be adding a one more object before I officially release it. Most probably Rigil (a Star in Orion) since it is a bright star and can provide a visual indicator where to find the Orion Nebula.