+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: speed dial webclip generator webapp

is a discussion within the

Web Apps

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi all, I have put a webapp that creates a customized webclip for speed dial based on 'data:' protocol and the icons for webclips can be taken from any website
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default speed dial webclip generator webapp
    Hi all,
    I have put a webapp that creates a customized webclip for speed dial based on 'data:' protocol and the icons for webclips can be taken from any website using the bookmarklet provided. And all you can do it without syncing to iTunes.
    Here the app: http://soft-use.com/speeddial/

Here is the link for instructions: Instructions to use SpeedDial Webclip Generator

The great features are:
    -> You can create a webclip icon that contains the contact's name, so you can easily find them.
    -> Use the bookmarklet and you can add any image from web as a webclip icon.
    -> No need to sync to iTunes for any thing. you can do it all without moving ur a** from ur chair...
    -> You can choose any of 12 colors to create a icon, so you can easily group multiple contacts from their icon color.
    Last edited by cube3x3; 01-31-2008 at 12:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

great .. thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is great! I like how it doesn't depend on an internet redirect to make a call!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Now if you can make a script so we cna do the same with Websites to create custom icons you will have magic, let us know if you develop it, thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Thanks For response
    Well thanks for the response, I will work on the same to create custom icons for the website, but i m little busy next week..
    I will let u know when i m done with it..

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Awesome! Any possibility of Safari NOT opening with the shortcut? Excellent though!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well, it must open!! What exactly is the problem? is safari not opening at all when u click on the webclip or after opening safari is not opening that shortcut only???
    When u created the shortcut, did safari ask for call?, if not than might be some problem in giving the input name and number..
    I would suggest to check the number again because thats the only important thing in the URL.