+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone battleship

is a discussion within the

Web Apps

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Some of you may have played the iPhone game "Battle Fleet", where you play the computer in battleship. I've designed a battleship that you can play against other people over
    Developer
    Thanks

Default iPhone battleship
    Some of you may have played the iPhone game "Battle Fleet", where you play the computer in battleship. I've designed a battleship that you can play against other people over the Edge connection with your iPhone. Registration takes 5 seconds (name, pw, optional email) and you're ready to set your ships and play! I've realised that its pretty boring without a chat so i'll try to have a chat under the gameboard ASAP, and an option to play against the computer. Questions / comments / concerns / feedback e-mail me: [email protected] or post here!

link: http://www.teamtpfl.com/iPhone/
    Screenshots: http://www.teamtpfl.com/iPhone/credits.php?screenshot

Green Apple
    Thanks

a native application of that game would be awesome.
    I can't wait

Developer
    Thanks

I was thinking of making a native app to mirror this, but I know 0 about coding for an iPhone or mac. I'm sure I could learn but the time involved in it just doesn't seem worth it right now. We'll see how this goes, and if it seems to get more popular I may try to whip up a native app. Afterall, I hadn't done any PHP / MySQL in almost a year, and knew VERY little javascript before I started this project. I had to teach myself javascript as we went along.

p.s. Update: it now has a chat on the gameboard so you can talk smack while you're sinkin' ships. More features to be added everyday, I just wanted to get this main demo out to fix bugs.