Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Removing Apps from iPhone

Default Removing Apps from iPhone
    I downloaded an app from the apple website and saved it to my home screen. Well I'm tired of it and want to remove it. I tried the search function for this forum but couldnt find an answer. Help.

Hold down an Application on the homescreen untill they all wiggle, then find the app you want gone, press the little "X" on the app, and then you can delete it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Safari For This Useful Post:

mark1914 (05-03-2008)

WOW! Thanks. That was COOL! Man, I learn something everyday on this forum.

thanks for the information on the app removal.

Man, I forgot that! I was in the users manual. Thanks.

You can also switch around your icons, put them to different pages switch them around and such, if you havent figured that out or didnt know that yet.
    You can also delete the application from on itunes, it will still be on your phone though, or vise versa.
    Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Safari View Post
    Hold down an Application on the homescreen untill they all wiggle, then find the app you want gone, press the little "X" on the app, and then you can delete it.
    What happens when the app is installed from Cydia, or installer, there is no "x" how would you remove that? Jay

Thanks

Thanks for asking that Gordon, I'm having the same problem myself.

Thanks

To remove from Cydia...

Open Cydia and go to "Manage > Packages > and then the App you want to remove". Hit "Modify" in the TRH corner and then just "Remove" and "Confirm".

To remove from Installer...

Open Installer and go to "Categories > Installed Packages > and then the App you want to remove". "Uninstall" should be in the TRH corner.

Hope this helps.

Yeay! Thank you! I was afraid that I would be stuck with some of the free [annoying] apps that I enthusiastically downloaded on Day 1.

Thanks again.