+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 (640 x 960) vWallpaper Doesn't Work!!!

is a discussion within the

Wallpaper / vWallpaper

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
Okay, I've spent a couple hours trying to figure out what the heck is going on, and no matter where I search for an answer, I get the same stupid
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 (640 x 960) vWallpaper Doesn't Work!!!
    Okay, I've spent a couple hours trying to figure out what the heck is going on, and no matter where I search for an answer, I get the same stupid walkthrough that is completely wrong.

Tutorials tell me that if I am an iPhone 4 user (which I am) that I can use 640 x 960 resolution videos as vringtones/vwallpapers. Well, they're wrong. I've tried five videos so far, using several programs to convert them. (Mainly Adobe Premiere Pro.) When I select it for use, the phone acts like it doesn't have retina display. It makes the video look WAY too big for the screen. Basically, it looks as if I'm using a 640 x 960 video on a 3G, instead of an iPhone 4, because it cuts off 3/4 of the video.

What is going on, and what secret does the world know that I don't to make this work? All I want is my Metal Gear codec vringtone... Jeeze.
    Last edited by SonicTheHedge; 08-18-2010 at 08:12 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry for the bump, but does nobody with an iPhone 4 use this program? What is wrong with this?

Thanks

sorry mate, i use aimsoft total media converter, works best for me, but i too cannot get an upscaled videos to display right

Like A Boss

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Maybe the program has some sort of screen size restriction that was on the old phones that forced it to cut the video size down to 320x480, and they didn't change that restriction when porting it to iPhone 4.

These videos look like garbage on Retina display, and I don't know where to get in contact with the guy who made it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me stocis's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm googling for the past 2 days for a site that has some sort of hd iphone 4 vwallpapers and vringtones that are iphone 4 ready but can't find anything..

tried to make some of my own but saw as well that the res is downscaled to the old iphone ver.

any input on this would be helpful

thanks
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Green Apple
    Thanks

all i want for my iphone 4 is waterfall background with waterfalling animation. =D any suggestion?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I guess all we can do is wait for an update. Although, I don't know if one will ever come out.

What I don't get is, how come all of the online tutorials I could find said to use a retina display sized videos is they don't work? Unless the person who wrote the review doesn't have an iPhone 4, and neither does the developer of this app.

It's frustrating.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm a follower of the site but registered just for this issue. I'm having the same problem. When I put a video from my camera roll into the Skrew folder it's zoomed in real close and is pixelated. I was so excited that vwallpaper was available but can't get it to look right. The only other way I've seen people do it is by not using vwallpaper but to ssh into the phone as a theme and use winterboard to activate it. However I also heard that way is buggy and a battery killer. Vwallpaper was great on my 3GS. Hopefully some one will come to the rescue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there an alternate way to assign a video to play as a ringtone without using vWallpaper?I don't even want the video wallpaper, all I want is a video ringtone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wonder if the guys from mivtones is going to come out with an updated version. Their video ringtones were alot better.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, the stock videos sucked, but I created my own. I've never heard of mivtones before, though. Did they let you use custom videos?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been using MiVTones forever! It's a paid for app but there were cracked versions out there. What's cool is you download user made videos straight from the app. There are hundreds of video ringtones already made from music to movie clips. What's even better than that is if you had mxtube (mitube now i think) you can download videos from there and use them as vtones as well. All with in the iPhone. According to another modmyi poster they emailed the ifonetec guys about this app and they are working on it. I've never used vwallpaper for vtones cause they look horrible. I'll do without vtones until mivtones comes out. I would like to at least have a high quality vid for my wallpaper though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree. :]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yep, I have an iPhone 4 and it seems that vWallpaper can't handle retina display movies... Guess I'll stick with a nice background image instead of blurry videos.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks

I have the iPhone 4 and now Vwallpaper is crashing on me. What can I do about that. Also, I put vringtones in my screw folder using ifile. Could that be the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 4 (640 x 960) vWallpaper Doesn't Work!!!-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not sure how well this'll work for you guys but I was able to just make a folder in winterboard with any name and have a video called "Wallpaper.mp4" in there minus the quotes. the dimensions on the video I put in there are the 640 x 960...

Not sure if this is what everyone wanted for a solution but it works for me <_<

Thanks

I know of atleast one person who made a video saying to make the videos 640x960. And NO, he does NOT own an iphone4. The video can only be used in 320x480 size. Since MOST older videos were made to work on the 3g display, they will look more blurred. Though myself and others that convert these videos are now adding more and trying to get higher quality videos in our Cydia repos. I have over 130 vWallpapers in my repo now. I recently added a few with very nice resolution quality. I am adding more very soon. Not all are high quality. But I try to add in the description of most wether they are low quality, good quality or high quality. Add it to your sources cydia.myrepospace.com/PizentuDeWind/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotixz View Post
    Not sure how well this'll work for you guys but I was able to just make a folder in winterboard with any name and have a video called "Wallpaper.mp4" in there minus the quotes. the dimensions on the video I put in there are the 640 x 960...

Not sure if this is what everyone wanted for a solution but it works for me <_<
    Thanks. I'm going to try this.

I have Matrix Code and Neo Flying vWallpapers with the lower resolution but they really don't appear that blurry on my iPhone 4. You all should try them as I made them directly from the movie and uploaded them to this site.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jetlorider's Avatar
    Thanks

set resolution to 320X480

Thanks

If you're still having issues check out my new tut on how to make Vringtones for iphone 4 using mac. I know you'll probably say that the res is still 320x480 but trust me these are high quality videos. It's all about using an HD video to start with. Here's the link How to make Fullscreen Vringtones (Mac) using Xilisoft HD Video Converter 6