Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery life with Animated Wallpapers

Default Battery life with Animated Wallpapers
    Hi guys!
    my first post in this forum. As im not getting helped on my country's board i decided to try the international version

I have a question concerning battery life in connection with anim. wP and VWP.
    It seems that when i use an animated background (without vwallpaper just a .mp4 video) this video keeps on running even though i set the phone in sleep mode - (u remember the button on top right ggg ) which i think is the reason why its draining the very life out of the battery...

is there an app or somethin else i can do wich stops the video during sleep mode? that would anim. backgrounds make a lot more attractive to me ...

Anyway what is Vwallpaper all about ? If im able to use anim. backgrounds without it why should i use it theN?

sorry for my noob questions

thx in advance Patrick

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lintsch For This Useful Post:

morenosensatoin (09-28-2009)

Lintsch

My Fisrt question is What is the Version of your Iphone and what is your iphone..?

Anyway, On my expirience im using iphone 3G ver 3.0..I dont have any problem now for battery life I think 3.0 already Fix the problem, before my iphone wont last a day when im using Vwallpaper that's why i use Animated wallpaper, but i cannot use the animated lockscreen, its drain my battery life/. now im using both Animated Wallpaper/animated lockscreen or VWallpaper with animated lockscreen..they Dont give me problem on battery life..try to observe the iphone with and without any animated wallpaper and VWallpaper ect..IF you really have try to restore it and jailbreak it again..or its the iphone it self have problem like battery. hope this help.

oh sorry i forgot! im Using 3.0.1 on a 3gs and i dont have problem with normal battery life. but when im running a mp4 video in the background as a wallpaper i can almost watch the battery getting squeezed though the phone is in sleeping mode.
    maybe i should try vwallpaper cuz i never tried it before

Quote Originally Posted by Lintsch View Post
    oh sorry i forgot! im Using 3.0.1 on a 3gs and i dont have problem with normal battery life. but when im running a mp4 video in the background as a wallpaper i can almost watch the battery getting squeezed though the phone is in sleeping mode.
    maybe i should try vwallpaper cuz i never tried it before
    Are you using winterboard or Vwallpaper. Vwallpaper is more battery friendly as Mcmms mentioned. If you need custom video wallpapers visit *******SPAM******
    Last edited by SundayDuffer; 09-29-2009 at 01:14 AM.