+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Different Wallpaper On Every Page

is a discussion within the

Wallpaper / vWallpaper

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
Can anyone please teach me how to put a different photo in each different page? For example..my first page is a pic of a dog then I slide to the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Different Wallpaper On Every Page
    Can anyone please teach me how to put a different photo in each different page? For example..my first page is a pic of a dog then I slide to the next page and its a pic of a cat...

Anyone?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,620 Times in 5,899 Posts

SSH into the theme you are using and name the images
    Page0.png
    Page1.png
    and so on.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

dokphenom (08-13-2009), ErnieChiara (11-25-2009), lv2drft (03-11-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What If I'm not using a theme?

Thanks
    is it jailbroken?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dokphenom View Post
    What If I'm not using a theme?
    You have to use winterboard.

Inside winterboard's "Themes" directory, you will need to create a folder (call it what you like) and place those images (page0.png, page1.png, etc) and then go into winterboard and choose it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Cydiarocks (08-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default wallpaper for the spotlight screen?
    can i add one of those to the search screen?(spotlight screen)? and if it can be done, how?

thanks

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Default Variation of the theme (pun intended)
    Okay, I understand the Page0, Page1, etc part.

What I'd like to know is how you get the pages to seamlessly flow into one another. It seems that when you swipe to go to another page there's a black column in between them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

damn I didnt know you could do this...what about gif?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdejeu View Post
    can i add one of those to the search screen?(spotlight screen)? and if it can be done, how?

thanks

i use iphone browser instead of ssh... but i found an interesting "side affect" (maybe i should call it side effect) when i made a theme for winterboard to do different page backgrounds.

when i selected my newly created theme, the original background stayed the same. so, when you flip through my app pages its shelves for the icons, but when you flip to the spotlight search, it's the original background i had selected. so it is kind of like having 2 separate backgrounds (one for apps, one for search)...(i tried to take a pic, but it automatically scrolls to the search and won't let me do a half screen)

hope this helps
    Last edited by tw1zt3d; 09-07-2009 at 04:49 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magusxxx View Post
    Okay, I understand the Page0, Page1, etc part.

What I'd like to know is how you get the pages to seamlessly flow into one another. It seems that when you swipe to go to another page there's a black column in between them.
    well usually people use springjumps from cydia, so it jumps from page to page and avoids the black column in between

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any good sources for the multi-part wallpapers? I've had a hard time finding any and lack the skills to make 'em. The only cool one I have was from another member.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tw1zt3d View Post
    i use iphone browser instead of ssh... but i found an interesting "side affect" (maybe i should call it side effect) when i made a theme for winterboard to do different page backgrounds.

when i selected my newly created theme, the original background stayed the same. so, when you flip through my app pages its shelves for the icons, but when you flip to the spotlight search, it's the original background i had selected. so it is kind of like having 2 separate backgrounds (one for apps, one for search)...(i tried to take a pic, but it automatically scrolls to the search and won't let me do a half screen)

hope this helps
    please elaborate. do you mean that its the iphone browser that created a diff BG for the search page? ive been trying to find a way to do that but cant seem to. maybe this is the solution ive been looking for.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, I don't think the iphone browser did it. I use ssh and found the same thing happened to me. I had been using a standard wb theme with its included background. However, when I created a new theme w/ the page0.png, etc theme to get the multi-page backgrounds, I had forgotten to disable wb theme. This led to the realization that the search page background iamge is set by the Wallpaper.png. Hope this helps.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buguy67 View Post
    please elaborate. do you mean that its the iphone browser that created a diff BG for the search page? ive been trying to find a way to do that but cant seem to. maybe this is the solution ive been looking for.
    sorry it took so long, i was without net for awhile...

i created a winterboard theme that i just called New Background.theme using iphonebrowser. i had also checked user background (that comes with winterboard). with both the theme i created, and the user background checked, it's like it placed my background OVER the user background image.

so, when i click home or scroll through the pages, it has the shelves from the theme i created. when i double click or flip to the spotlight search, it shows the user background that i had originally selected.

Thanks

Great info guys. I created a 5 page panorama that flows seamlessly. I have no black lines between pages, and it came out great IMHO. Sharing it here if anyone's interested. Just drop the images into your theme folder as described. I do have one question... Page0.png starts out as the background of my first springboard page, behind my first set of icons. When I scroll to the right (towards page 2) it works great. But, when I scroll to the left (towards the "search iphone" page) I get a black background. Is there another image file I should replace for the search background? I'd like the panorama to flow seamlessly to the left AND the right.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Think I just figured out the answer to my own question. Wallpaper.png is the default background image for the search iphone (spotlight) page. And, when you scroll to the left, page 1 background image (Page0.png) slides over the top of Wallpaper.png. I don't think there's any way to make Wallpaper.png slide further to the left (off the screen) while page 1 is coming into view. Too bad. It would be cool to slide the backgrounds seamlessly both left AND right. Oh well. Still a nice effect.

Green Apple
    Thanks

what you're going to have to do is in winterboard check "user wallpaper" and select a background from your wallpaper/picture.

one thing to note if you havent seen it already. when you move icons, your dock icons will disappear, but when you push the home button they come back. best i can tell is they go under your theme background... you can still move them but its weird not seeing them when you do.
    Last edited by tw1zt3d; 11-30-2009 at 06:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry for bumping this thread, but what if it done with os4?
    It change it's location/name and cant figure out how can if on os4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    came case for me

Thanks

anyone?