Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: vWallpaper/vRingtones coming soon on 3.0

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by macchiato View Post
    HUTCHI : i did what u told me, it worked (i guess) but the program didnt (vwall) doesnt show up in my iPhone....When i exectd, it didnt give me any err mssg or anything, is there anything i should do after i exec it?

    Great, i think i did something wrong and now my icons are all GONE, and im restoring my iphone 3Gs sigh*
    Hey hope you didnt restore already!!!

    I had this happen to me as well....i did some digging and found a way to manually have your iPhone start in safe mode....once you do that (icons will reappear) go into Cydia and uninstall skrew and then respring...everything back to normal...i then tried it again with the same result So of course i had to do safe mode again and uninstall again!!!! Not sure how many people this is happening to but please let me know how many people actually have this working??? I need my vwallpapers back!!!

  2. #42
    It works for my iPod Touch 2nd Gen on 3.0.

    When I istalled it, I still had the old vwallpaper and skrewcommons installed on my device.

    So maybe, those of you having problems did not have the old version on your device before you upgraded?
    It may be needed in order for the update to work..?

    Just a theory.

  3. #43
    THIS IS STILL NOT WORKING!
    DO NOT DO THIS TO YOUR IPHONE 3Gs Just YET!
    I got to Restore it TWICE!

  4. #44
    Green Apple benjiuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Darlington/ England
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Default pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    This is a forum, indeed. Although this is one of the biggest forums for the iPhone. Its annoying to get 20 emails per day from noob users (not that I have anything against noobs except this) asking the same thing. I'm subscribing to a topic in order to be one of the first to know when this will be available. Instead, I have to stop my subscription from the topic due to the 'are we there yet?' spamming. And if you're one of the old members let me remind you the jailbreaking/unlocking days of 1.xx - 2.00.
    I think if you look through the 2 pages you will find only 2 polite requests for an update and at least 20 "thanks cannot wait" comments, nothing deserving a useless "shut up" from yourself, and then another useless post follow up comment quoting me ( and probably another after this one). So now who is filling the forum with bumf ?
    Iphone 3g 16g jailbroken4.2.1... "dont fear the jailbreak !"

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to benjiuk For This Useful Post:

    Tater24 (07-08-2009)

  6. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiuk View Post
    I think if you look through the 2 pages you will find only 2 polite requests for an update and at least 20 "thanks cannot wait" comments, nothing deserving a useless "shut up" from yourself, and then another useless post follow up comment quoting me ( and probably another after this one). So now who is filling the forum with bumf ?
    i guess i have to blame you and the rest of the 'polite' people you mentioned for charging my 3g contract, my time, making me visit the topic 40 times in a week with no apparent information.

    oh and if you want irony, i can haz irony. i politely said shut it please. all you people that scream every time to 'SEARCH THE GOD DAMN FORUMS BEFORE YOU POST' should accept the fact that a useless warning could be less effective than a polite stfu statement.

    so if you're kind enough to give this post some time, please try to understand this benjiuk: I do not enjoy viewing the same topic 20 times a day only to see irrelevant and already answered questions.

    ps: thanks btw. your reply post was the one that made me re-visit the forum and realize that a beta version has released. Hope you know by now why did that skip my attention.
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

  7. #46
    finally got it to work. I did exactly what Tater24 did. Go to cydia and install vwallpaper and skrewcommon and make sure u have mobilesubstrate. Then open up winscp, copy the two files to /root /temp. Then highlight the two files and right click, then go to "custom commands" and then look for "enter" enter this command "dpkg -i SkrewCommon155.deb vWallpaper110.deb". Then restart springboard. I did it about 3 times be4 it worked. If you get some type of error, try it again, thats what i did. Just to make sure, i uninstalled vwallpaper, did everything again and this time got it in one shot,no error at all. SWEET. Thanks Skrew.

    Some feedback: only Videos that I see working are electricblue and fire videos. At one moment, iPod was slowing down, so I restarted springboard and it started working normal.
    Last edited by slick5657; 07-08-2009 at 01:18 AM. Reason: I'm just to fine; like aged wine.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to slick5657 For This Useful Post:

    benjiuk (07-08-2009)

  9. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by slick5657 View Post
    finally got it to work. I did exactly what Tater24 did. Go to cydia and install vwallpaper and skrewcommon and make sure u have mobilesubstrate. Then open up winscp, copy the two files to /root /temp. Then highlight the two files and right click, then go to "custom commands" and then look for "enter" enter this command "dpkg -i SkrewCommon155.deb vWallpaper110.deb". Then restart springboard. I did it about 3 times be4 it worked. If you get some type of error, try it again, thats what i did. Just to make sure, i uninstalled vwallpaper, did everything again and this time got it in one shot,no error at all. SWEET. Thanks Skrew.

    Some feedback: only Videos that I see working are electricblue and fire videos. At one moment, iPod was slowing down, so I restarted springboard and it started working normal.
    Did you try the pictures also? Like the video then the picture layer ontop?

    And How much battery energy is being used? Do you see a difference?

  10. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Did you try the pictures also? Like the video then the picture layer ontop?

    And How much battery energy is being used? Do you see a difference?
    well this morning i woke up and turned the ipod on and tried to open vwallpaper and i starts up, then about 8secs later it closes. will try later.

    Well a few minutes later it started to work. U can have a pic on top of video. So far, the battery drains slow.
    Last edited by slick5657; 07-08-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #49
    The Entertainer monchy36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Slatington, PA
    Posts
    1,790
    Thanks
    3,015
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

    Got the beta on my iPhone 3GS! Got some small bugs but it dosen't crash only in vrigtones came a green screen at the beginning of the video and then show the video... But got it working and I love it! Can't wait for the final release to get my phone complete!

  12. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    i guess i have to blame you and the rest of the 'polite' people you mentioned for charging my 3g contract, my time, making me visit the topic 40 times in a week with no apparent information.

    oh and if you want irony, i can haz irony. i politely said shut it please. all you people that scream every time to 'SEARCH THE GOD DAMN FORUMS BEFORE YOU POST' should accept the fact that a useless warning could be less effective than a polite stfu statement.

    so if you're kind enough to give this post some time, please try to understand this benjiuk: I do not enjoy viewing the same topic 20 times a day only to see irrelevant and already answered questions.

    ps: thanks btw. your reply post was the one that made me re-visit the forum and realize that a beta version has released. Hope you know by now why did that skip my attention.
    There are only 1 or 2 replies a day, not 20.
    Dude, just chill.
    And regardless of the amount of replies, you'd probably still visit the forum to see what's up.
    Also, "Shut it." is impolite even if you stick a "Please." In front of it.
    It's a forum, forums are for conversation. There are gonna be multiple posts. People are going to be "noobish" and say "LYKE OMG!!11 I CANTZ W8 Y'@LL!" If you don't wanna deal with it, don't come here. You can't do anything about it, and nobody is going to listen to you.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tater24 For This Useful Post:

    benjiuk (07-09-2009)

  14. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater24 View Post
    There are only 1 or 2 replies a day, not 20.
    Dude, just chill.
    And regardless of the amount of replies, you'd probably still visit the forum to see what's up.
    Also, "Shut it." is impolite even if you stick a "Please." In front of it.
    It's a forum, forums are for conversation. There are gonna be multiple posts. People are going to be "noobish" and say "LYKE OMG!!11 I CANTZ W8 Y'@LL!" If you don't wanna deal with it, don't come here. You can't do anything about it, and nobody is going to listen to you.
    i know dude I'm not blaming the forums nor noobish posts. BUT on the other hand that kind of users should understand the frustration if that occurs. I'm always open for dialog as well as helping others. but there's some point where I can't stand the fact of people not reading and just posting "LYKE OMG!!11 I CANTZ W8 Y'@LL!"and therefore a 'shut up and let the developer work' makes perfect sense where no moderation is present
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

  15. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    i know dude I'm not blaming the forums nor noobish posts. BUT on the other hand that kind of users should understand the frustration if that occurs. I'm always open for dialog as well as helping others. but there's some point where I can't stand the fact of people not reading and just posting "LYKE OMG!!11 I CANTZ W8 Y'@LL!"and therefore a 'shut up and let the developer work' makes perfect sense where no moderation is present
    What I'm trying to say is that saying 'shut up and let the developer work' won't help any. No matter how many times you say it. People are always going to ask how much longer. All you can do is ignore it.

  16. #53
    Well since alot of people are experiencing problems, I'll just wait for final versions ;D

  17. #54
    Default this is what I posted on the official site
    Thought it might help someone ?? Maybe

    Ok - The only issues I have found are these:

    • The vwallpaper does not start sometimes, which is fixed once you open an app and exit, like messaging.
    • Vringtone sometimes does not play when someone calls. This happens sometimes after changing a theme in winterboard, but is fixed after entering Vwallpaper app then exiting.
    • The main issue I have found though is that the app itself will sometimes not open from springboard. It ALWAYS opens from SBSettings (dock) or from AppFlow - which is awesome by the way.

    These are the only issues I have found except one more thing which is already mentioned below - the videos now MUST BE 320x240, which before 3.0 could be anysize and it would autofit. Now they can not even be the same ratio- ex:640X960. THEY MUST BE 320x480. Which is quite ok, as long as it is working! ONE MORE THING - THIS IS THE BEST APPLICATION EVER!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to cigahs For This Useful Post:

    benjiuk (07-11-2009)

  19. #55
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jetlorider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CaliForYA
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    251
    Thanked 410 Times in 94 Posts

    Cigahs ----totally agree...best app ever!

    like ive said before......never update your iphone when a new firmware from apple pops out...sit with it and wait until all the jailbreak apps are up to date with the new firmware and than update. If you lov' this app always follow this rule...or you'll be stuck months without and you'll envy the ones who still got it working.... :P

  20. #56
    hey guys... at first sry for my bad english...
    for the time you has to wait for the update i've got a solution for your problem.
    search in cydia the winterboard theme "flagUSA video".
    the you can change the video via winscp and has a movie wallpaper

  21. #57
    im a big fan.......i need vwallpaper......


    great.....

  22. #58
    Default Being Patience
    Waiting on 3.0 update.

  23. #59
    Ok, if you end up with no icons like I did and are lucky enough to have already installed sbsettings you are in good shape. Launch SBSettings by flicking the top of your screen. Touch "more" then go to "mobile substrate addons" then turn off the ringtone hook. Respring and you'll have all your icons back. No vwallpaper but its better than restoring your phone.

  24. #60
    So they cant post a new one is cydia? This whole thing seems confusing..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •