+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can Unlocked verizon iphone 5 be used on virgin mobile?

is a discussion within the

Verizon / Sprint / CDMA Carrier Q's

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I have a iphone 5 from verizon that's factory unlocked can I use it on virgin mobile?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can Unlocked verizon iphone 5 be used on virgin mobile?
    I have a iphone 5 from verizon that's factory unlocked can I use it on virgin mobile?

Thanks

Short answer: no, you must purchase an iPhone from (or originally used with) Virgin Mobile.

You may, however, use that iPhone with AT&T, T-Mobile, or any other GSM carrier globally.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought an iphone 5 locked to sprint in usa trying to use telstra or optus but cant get it activated mate.

So with my current experience, Ill say this. To unlock a phone the carrier sends a signal through the phone tower however there is no Sprint tower in australia in my case so i have to hack it.

Now with that said. Your issue is wanting to use virgin sim with your iphone 5 that is factory unlocked.

This is more then possible depending on the iphone 5 model in which you have, Mine is the A1429 with both GSM and CDMA support. If your iphone 5 has a sim slot on the right it will be the same.

If the phone is unlocked you can use any sim card in it (Within supported countrys). The only problems that might occur would be if your trying to use another CDMA network.

If you put a sim in the phone it should pop up on itunes to update the carrier settings and show an iphone is unlocked message when you are restoring it. If your wanting to use another CDMA network dont let anybody say this is not possible. As anything is possible. But to change CDMA to another CDMA might require you to google around for that baseband / software to run the network.

However any GSM sim will work if the phone is factory unlocked mate. Hope this has helped you.