+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Coming from Android...not complete noob to ios though

is a discussion within the

Verizon / Sprint / CDMA Carrier Q's

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Hello all, I hope I'm posting in the right place. Don't want to offend iGods. Anyway I'm looking to vent a few thoughts about (and probably justify) my switch from
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Coming from Android...not complete noob to ios though
    Hello all,

I hope I'm posting in the right place. Don't want to offend iGods. Anyway I'm looking to vent a few thoughts about (and probably justify) my switch from Android to iPhone 5. OK here's the deal: I had an iPhone 3gs when it first came out, jailbroke with GeoHot, and benefited from all the the joy that jailbreak brought. Then, the original Evo 4G Lte came out. I was too tempted and jumped in. I learned all about "jailbreaking" on Android (rooting) and found out that customization is simply ridiculous on Android. I mean, EVERYTHING is customizable. It's pretty amazing. I could remove the whole OS and install something new (like cyanogen). But I'm not here to rave about Android. The issue I started facing (or realizing) was that it took A LOT of work to get an Android device to function JUST the way I wanted. 9 times out of 10, when I found a customized OS that I really liked, it would invariably bork an app I really needed (like Netflix). Anyway, I began to miss how well and fluid iOS worked. After owning an Original EVO, an EVO 3D, a Galaxy s2, a Galaxy nexus, and a galaxy s3, I started wondering "why do I keep switching devices and OS's? Why am I never completely satisfied with what I've got?" I finally broke down and bought an iPhone 4S. It quickly reminded me what I missed about iOS. It simply works the way I like, with minimum modding, tweaking, etc. BUT (its a big but), I couldn't get used to the 3.5 inch screen (it was horrible) and NO 4G, wtf? So, returned the 4s, but before I did, I told my wife, "if the next iPhone has a bigger screen, and LTE, I'm coming back to iOS." Well I'm a man of my word (I guess). I returned my s3 and pre-ordered an iPhone 5. I couldn't be happier. I got up at 3 am (est) and ordered from Sprint. I can't wait to have this badass device in my hands. I don't knock Android--it has its strengths--but I'm ready to see iOS in all its glory again. Now, when do you think this bad boy will get jailbroken?

Thanks for letting me vent guys! Let me know your thoughts. Please don't make this an Android bashing thread--that was not my intent. I don't understand why we "hate" each other's OS so much....they're both pretty damn good.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,619 Times in 5,898 Posts

Welcome back to the Dark Side...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks. Glad to be back!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Welcome back

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Lol awesome story. Welcome back. The jailbreak definitely will take some time but I don't think it'll be too long. The iPhone 4 and 4S did take a little longer than expected, especially the 4S. When I got the iPhone 4, it had already been like a month or so since the release date and at that time I was actually not able to JB my iP4 for a couple weeks after I bought it. So it was probably close to 2 months if I remember correctly before the JB was out. I may be remembering wrong but I know it was definitely at least a month. I'm thinking the new iPhone could take that amount of time or more. I don't know, just my guess. I'm not getting an iPhone 5 until I save up to buy it at full retail.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

pathtologos (09-15-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Lol awesome story. Welcome back. The jailbreak definitely will take some time but I don't think it'll be too long. The iPhone 4 and 4S did take a little longer than expected, especially the 4S. When I got the iPhone 4, it had already been like a month or so since the release date and at that time I was actually not able to JB my iP4 for a couple weeks after I bought it. So it was probably close to 2 months if I remember correctly before the JB was out. I may be remembering wrong but I know it was definitely at least a month. I'm thinking the new iPhone could take that amount of time or more. I don't know, just my guess. I'm not getting an iPhone 5 until I save up to buy it at full retail.
    Thanks for the response.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got my 4s in December and absinthe 2.0 for 5.1.1 wasn't available until May. I wouldn't be surprised if iOS 6 took longer.