+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck on Edge - Verizon

is a discussion within the

Verizon / Sprint / CDMA Carrier Q's

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Hi community, I use my iPhone 4S quite often as I assume most people here do but recently it has been giving me a lot of frustrating issues. Most I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Stuck on Edge - Verizon
    Hi community,

I use my iPhone 4S quite often as I assume most people here do but recently it has been giving me a lot of frustrating issues. Most I can deal with but one in particular bugs me to death. I use Spotify (the online music streaming application) to listen to music in my car. When I leave my house I am in the very corner of an Edge network connection so loading is quite slow. However, when I get to the road connecting to my neighborhood the signal turns to 3G and works much better. The issue comes when I am connected to the Edge network and attempting to stream music when I leave my house and transfer into the 3G 'zone' but my network stays on an Edge connection. It is very annoying to go to my network and turn on and off airplane mode just to get 3G to kick in. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? Has it happened to anyone else?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try dialing *228 from the phone and select option 2 to update your preferred roaming location. Verizon is constantly upgrading their network and most likely your phone has not updated by itself to the new tower upgrades or whatever. Let me know if it works.

Thanks

Dialing *228 or *22899 won't do anything. I've called and done nything possible. What I have done is soldered a 1 ft antenna to my iPhone 4 logic board that connects to the stock Verizon antenna. Which now I get full service and very rare edge symbol. Stuck on Edge - Verizon-imageuploadedbymodmyi1352078481.165057.jpg Stuck on Edge - Verizon-imageuploadedbymodmyi1352078511.396447.jpg
    Very easy to do if your good with iPhones. And al you do is wrap it around in your iPhone so It fits. Stuck on Edge - Verizon-imageuploadedbymodmyi1352078563.081423.jpg

Slide it i between the logic board and battery so it fits. Hope this helps !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You better go to the Apple service because if you think that it is a hardware problem give your phone to the professionals