+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon 4s USe overseas

is a discussion within the

Verizon / Sprint / CDMA Carrier Q's

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I had read online that the Verizon 4s is locked and that if you wanted to use a sim from another carrier overseas then you needed to get the sim
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Verizon 4s USe overseas
    I had read online that the Verizon 4s is locked and that if you wanted to use a sim from another carrier overseas then you needed to get the sim unlocked. I read that if you had an account in good standing and had been with them more than 90 days that Verizon would unlock the device for you. I called VZW and spoke to someone in tech support and he said that since I never activated the sim that is in the phone that there was nothing to unlock.

Can anyone tell me if this is accurate or not? I do not want to get their and not be able to do what I want because I got someone who did not know what they were talking about.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Call again and ask the same question to a different representative. I have no idea what it means that if you never activated the SIM there's nothing to unlock...that's an odd statement.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah I thought it was a little strange. Actually, the whole conversation was strange. I guess I will call back tomorrow.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 0157h7 View Post
    Yeah I thought it was a little strange. Actually, the whole conversation was strange. I guess I will call back tomorrow.
    yes.. call back and ask how to activate the sim option on verizon. im pretty sure verizon does not require a sim card. if so, why would they unlock it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok, so for those who are interested I did call back. This time I called the global support number, 1-800-711-8300. It took me just a few minutes and I am supposedly unlocked. I do not have a sim to test it with but it should be done. Moral of the story, some people in support and service have no idea what they are talking about. Unfortunately that is a moral we all have probably learned before.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Exactly. Those reps, sometimes they have no idea what they are saying. That's why I like to ask more than one rep.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Every time this happens to me too! Some of those reps really need to be fired or at least a bit more educated about what they're helping people with....
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.