Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using my Vodafone iPhone 4S on Verizon?

Default Using my Vodafone iPhone 4S on Verizon?
    I'm overseas right now for school and I just bought a iPhone 4S on Vodafone and I have an iPhone 4 on Verizon at home. I'm sending my mom my iPhone 4 and I was wondering if Verizon will let me use my iPhone 4S with my old number when I come home?

Aside from getting Vodafone to unlock my phone, would this be possible?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm leaning towards no, Verizon probably will require you to have the iPhone 4S specifically from Verizon. But I could be wrong. Call and ask?

Vodafone are GSM carriers and Verizon are CDMA so the answer is almost certainly (as iAnnie said) no.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I agree with Annie, Verizon is specifically functional for iPhone 4S. So it is better to have 4S rather than any other brand's smart phone.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Mike Flat

Its possible to port your number over as longer as its still active to whatever carrier you want... U might have to pay a fee.. Just reserch what companys u can go with on the 4s when u get to the states and start new service and provide them with all the info they ask for when porting a number over from another carrier

I guess I should clarify my question.

What I really want to do is take my unlocked iPhone 4S and have Verizon provision it on their network.

From what I can tell there are two stances on this. First, Verizon will provision compatible phones on their network if you ask. Or, two, the iPhones are a special case where they must be provisioned for a CDMA carrier at the factory.

I will call and ask but I want to get an idea first if its been done before/possible.

Unlocked refers to gsm based phone as far as i know... Cdma phones are generally programmed and setup for the network in which you are recieving service on...
    So if its cdma i dont see why you wouldnt be able to flash it to your desired carrier if they wont put it on the network the standard way... Anythings possible...
    Ive got two verizon 4's on metro pcs and i pay 25 per line a month