+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buying my friend's Verizon iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

Verizon / Sprint / CDMA Carrier Q's

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I was wondering if I should buy my friend's iPhone 4. He currently has it on Verizon... however I'm afraid after I buy it, something might happen and it gets
    k3u
    Thanks

Default Buying my friend's Verizon iPhone 4
    I was wondering if I should buy my friend's iPhone 4. He currently has it on Verizon... however I'm afraid after I buy it, something might happen and it gets a bad ESN. Also how do I know if it has a bad ESN or not?
    Last edited by k3u; 10-09-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well a bad ESN would occur if he reported the device lost/stolen, or he fails to pay either a bill he still owes an amount on or an early termination fee if he has one.

If he has all bills paid up to date, and he isn't not canceling his plan early (therefore requiring an ETF fee) before he disconnects the iPhone from his line and sells it to you, you won't get a bad ESN (assuming he doesn't go reporting the phone as lost/stolen after selling it to you).

So if all of the above applies and the iPhone is off his line, not reported lost/stolen, and ready to be in your possession, call Verizon up and ask them to verify the ESN on this device is clean.