+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cheapest Plan?

is a discussion within the

Verizon / Sprint / CDMA Carrier Q's

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I am contemplating about getting the iPhone 4 for Verizon. I was just wonder what is the cheapest plan I can get it for with unlimited data + unlimited text
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cheapest Plan?
    I am contemplating about getting the iPhone 4 for Verizon. I was just wonder what is the cheapest plan I can get it for with unlimited data + unlimited text and I don't really care much for the minutes.. Or should I just get one with AT&T but obviously ATT&T doesn't have umlimited data anymore which is a set back.I was hoping not to spend anymore than 70 bucks/month. Thanks for the help!

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

lol good luck getting a iphone and having the bill be less than a 100$ a month.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

iPhone? More like MyPhone onelow99's Avatar
    Thanks

That's easy. We have 2 iPhones and a third line for my son for a regular texting phone. Unlimited data, texting and 950 min/mo for $165. But we are with AT&T. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    This is my PEACE sign -->

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

With AT&T I have 2 iPhone 4's no text (using textfree) and 2GB data for both for $130. Sucks in my opinion bc I always go over the data. But it works for now until my contract expires.

Verizon at least is offering for now unlimited. Got a quote from them for a plan identical to the one I have now and was quoted the same price for $130 for two lines. Not bad at all compared to right now having the data cap. I don't use a lot of minutes either so if I could I'd switch to Verizon but I still have a year and a half to go with AT&T. So I'd say Verizon has a better deal right now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cheapest (non-corporate) plan, in my opinion, would be just under $70 + taxes.

$39.99 - 450 Minutes / Unlimited M2M+NW
    $29.99 - Unlimited Data
    $ 0.00 - Google Voice (Unlimited SMS)
    ======
    $69.98

Depending on where you work, you could get up to 25% off, which could bring it as low as $52.49.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sadly there is no employee discount on the Verizon iPhone 4's ):

I have another question and that is regards to AT&T. My brother is grandfathered in with unlimited data, If he opens another line for me would I still be able to get the unlimited data too?

Thanks

I'm almost certain a new line does not allow for the unlimited data plan, even if it's to add to a current plan. I could be wrong though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

Only if he transfers his account onto yours
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OMGANDY View Post
    Sadly there is no employee discount on the Verizon iPhone 4's ):
    You are incorrect. Verizon absolutely honors corporate discounts for iPhone 4. I have an existing line with 20% off the MRC, which is still getting that after adding the iPhone (and yes, I've had a bill print, since the ESN swap). I also added a line with a 2nd iPhone 4 and they waived my activation charge, which is another perk of my discount.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I'm almost certain a new line does not allow for the unlimited data plan, even if it's to add to a current plan. I could be wrong though.
    I added a line and was given unlimited data for $29.99.
    Last edited by p07r0457; 02-17-2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It's different in different areas. The VZW rep I spoke to said they aren't allowed to even buy the iPhone 4 yet at this time.

As for the adding a line thing, it's also dependent on the rep. I've heard from friends that they couldn't add a line and get unlimited because it is still a new line and not an existing line to do so. I've also heard luckier people who have successfully added. I've also heard of people asking to get their plans changed to unlimited with some persuasion/threats to move to VZW. It's different for everyone to my knowledge.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    lol good luck getting a iphone and having the bill be less than a 100$ a month.
    I pay $59 a month, that includes iPhone 4, 2gb of usage, $750 worth of credit and free calls to any 3 or Vodafone numbers as well as free txts to 5 friends number no matter who they're with.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post
    You are incorrect. Verizon absolutely honors corporate discounts for iPhone 4. I have an existing line with 20% off the MRC, which is still getting that after adding the iPhone (and yes, I've had a bill print, since the ESN swap). I also added a line with a 2nd iPhone 4 and they waived my activation charge, which is another perk of my discount.

I added a line and was given unlimited data for $29.99.

I was trying to add a line and get an iPhone online the other night. It said all employees discount will not work on this offer. Do they mean on the purchase of the iPhone itself? or on the whole plan/phone?

I was talking to a Verizon Rep and he said the employee discount was only for one number and my brother has two lines open with the discount. He also said that was consider fraud that he had 20% off both lines. So I was wondering if I open the 3rd line will I get the 20% discount also?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was trying to add a line and get an iPhone online the other night. It said all employees discount will not work on this offer. Do they mean on the purchase of the iPhone itself? or on the whole plan/phone?
    Some VZ corp-discount plans offer discounts on hardware and accessories. These discounts do not apply to an iPhone4 handset. They do, however, apply to the accessories. The MRC discounts are separate, and do apply.

I was talking to a Verizon Rep and he said the employee discount was only for one number and my brother has two lines open with the discount. He also said that was consider fraud that he had 20% off both lines. So I was wondering if I open the 3rd line will I get the 20% discount also?
    Verizon applies the discount only to "Primary" lines. If you have a family plan, that means only the first line gets the MRC discount. However, you can have multiple "single/primary" lines on one account -- they simply will not share minutes. Also, you could have a single or family plan and also a data plan, such as an aircard or mifi, and if your discount covers them, you can apply it to both lines.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Some VZ corp-discount plans offer discounts on hardware and accessories. These discounts do not apply to an iPhone4 handset. They do, however, apply to the accessories. The MRC discounts are separate, and do apply.

Verizon applies the discount only to "Primary" lines. If you have a family plan, that means only the first line gets the MRC discount. However, you can have multiple "single/primary" lines on one account -- they simply will not share minutes. Also, you could have a single or family plan and also a data plan, such as an aircard or mifi, and if your discount covers them, you can apply it to both lines.
    Oh that's how its set up. He has two individual lines that he gets discounts off of. So the discounts apply when you add an individual line? I was thinking of getting the 450 minutes/unlimited text & data. With the 20% off the monthly payment should be around $70ish bucks no?

Thanks for your help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh that's how its set up. He has two individual lines that he gets discounts off of. So the discounts apply when you add an individual line? I was thinking of getting the 450 minutes/unlimited text & data. With the 20% off the monthly payment should be around $70ish bucks no?

Thanks for your help!
    $59.99 - 450 minute individual plan w/unlimited text
    ($12.00) - 20% discount on plan
    $29.99 - unlimited data
    ($6.00) - 20% discount on data
    ======
    $71.98 - subtotal

Taxes are approximately $3-4. So altogether, I'd expect you to pay around $74-76 per month.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Cheapest (non-corporate) plan, in my opinion, would be just under $70 + taxes.

$39.99 - 450 Minutes / Unlimited M2M+NW
    $29.99 - Unlimited Data
    $ 0.00 - Google Voice (Unlimited SMS)
    ======
    $69.98

Depending on where you work, you could get up to 25% off, which could bring it as low as $52.49.
    Does google voice SMS work well?

It's a shame VZW doesn't have a least expensive plan where you can put maybe 3 'friends of family' cause then you can jailbreak your phone and get the GV Phone extension which works seamlessly and excellent.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mpossoff View Post
    Does google voice SMS work well?
    It does work, but it doesn't match the iPhone "Messages" user experience.

On android, it's fine, and I'd even say it was a suitable replacement for a text messaging plan. The app is not too much different -- aside from dialer integration -- but it's too "android" to be considered good on the iPhone. It works, but it will always feel like a hack/cheat -- on android it felt more natural.

Quote Originally Posted by mpossoff View Post
    It's a shame VZW doesn't have a least expensive plan where you can put maybe 3 'friends of family' cause then you can jailbreak your phone and get the GV Phone extension which works seamlessly and excellent.
    Might as well find a GSM prepaid unlimited plan for cheap, and then use an unlocked/jailbreak'd GSM iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It does work, but it doesn't match the iPhone "Messages" user experience.

On android, it's fine, and I'd even say it was a suitable replacement for a text messaging plan. The app is not too much different -- aside from dialer integration -- but it's too "android" to be considered good on the iPhone. It works, but it will always feel like a hack/cheat -- on android it felt more natural.
    With the Phone GV jailbreak extension I love the way GV works. It's completely integrated the way Apple should have done it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mpossoff For This Useful Post:

quicknight (05-04-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

$59.99 - 450 minute individual plan w/unlimited text
    ($12.00) - 20% discount on plan
    $29.99 - unlimited data
    ($6.00) - 20% discount on data
    ======
    $71.98 - subtotal

Taxes are approximately $3-4. So altogether, I'd expect you to pay around $74-76 per month.
    So your telling me the discounts will show up after everything is processed? I don't want to be stuck with the $90 charge if it doesn't apply online