Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon cracking down on tethering?

Default Verizon cracking down on tethering?
    If you look on CNN, engadget, and Cnet, there are articles claiming that like AT&T, Verizon is starting to crack down on iPhone and Android users who use apps like MyWi to tether. One of the articles said Verizon users were redirected to Verizonwireless.com when they tethered their iPhone to another device. My question is, has anyone here gotten a warning, text, or been redirected to Verizonwireless.com when tethering?

I've used Mywi and i havent had a problem all

i've read that if you try to tether your data without a plan, they re-direct the website that your trying to go on to a verizon website about subscribing to a tether data plan? can someone confirm with some screen-shots if this is already happening?

I just did a test on mywi and I did a wifi hotspot. Nothing happened.

I've used mywi with my unlimited data and I've had no issues at all, I just don't use it heavy as I primarily use my Ipad on the road.

I have a verizon iphone and i have not had any troubles with the mywi tethering.
    Hopefully i wont have any issues in the future.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well just to add confirmation anyhow... I have been tethering from day one I got my iPhone up to this day, nothing has happened.