Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone is not unlocking

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Iphone is not unlocking
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=v5oo3RuVi...elated&search=

I saw that tutorial...i was at the last step to unlock IPhone using iunlock and AnySim. first I tried iunlock and den uninstallled it and then i tried AnySim. It worked fine in the beginning but at the end when the process runs for AnySim, it says
    Code:
    ""the firmware on this phone has already been patched and Anysim will now quit and restart your iphone""
    and then nothing happens. What Should i do? please tell me.. thank you

Sincerely,
    KK

did you try to redo the whole process again?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    first of all thanx for reply and yes i have tried redoing it couple of times. I only get stuck on the last step which i stated above. Please help :-(

Hey, I get the same issue, this is the second time i'm redoing all the steps to unlocking my iphone and when I place my sim card into the phone, i get a message saying "Incorrect SIM - This iPhone must be used with an approved SIM"

Kind of sucks, he's the history of my phone is it can help with the issue.

- Stock phone was already updated to 1.1.1 when purchased
    - Downgraded it to 1.0.2 using "iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw"
    - Ran "AppTappInstaller"
    - Ran "PACAY" provided by a "widgex.net" youtube video (Version 2)
    - Installed .PXL support included in iBricker
    - Installed anySim and ran the steps required without my ATT SIM.
    - I tried with both No Sim car and with Rogers SIM Card.
    - Resulted in no luck with Incorrect SIM message.

If anyone can see or think of what can be causing this, any help would be appreciated. Also, if there are better applications than anySIM, please let us know.

Thanks!
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Vixter View Post
    Hey, I get the same issue, this is the second time i'm redoing all the steps to unlocking my iphone and when I place my sim card into the phone, i get a message saying "Incorrect SIM - This iPhone must be used with an approved SIM"

Kind of sucks, he's the history of my phone is it can help with the issue.

- Stock phone was already updated to 1.1.1 when purchased
    - Downgraded it to 1.0.2 using "iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw"
    - Ran "AppTappInstaller"
    - Ran "PACAY" provided by a "widgex.net" youtube video (Version 2)
    - Installed .PXL support included in iBricker
    - Installed anySim and ran the steps required without my ATT SIM.
    - I tried with both No Sim car and with Rogers SIM Card.
    - Resulted in no luck with Incorrect SIM message.

If anyone can see or think of what can be causing this, any help would be appreciated. Also, if there are better applications than anySIM, please let us know.

Thanks!
    V
    This is the EXACT same problem I am having. I too am using a Rogers SIM card and I'm not able to get past any Unlocking methods in 1.0.2.

EDIT: I suppose I should say that I downgraded my baseband to 03.14.08_G without any problems.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same problem last night. I had succesfully downgraded the baseband using Cash's tutotial (thank you Cash!!!) What I did was go to Itunes, restore using 1.0.2, then I ran independence, activated and then installed Apptap. At that point te Tmobile sim worked. I dont know why, I am the ultimate noob but I figured if I had the 'Unockable" baseband restoring to 1.0.2 and running independence couldnt hurt.

Again, I am NOT an authority here. I was willing to rish pernanantly bricking my phone. If you are not willing to risk that, give me advice carefull consideration.

Anyway, that worked for me.

I think I have the same problem, I feel like I'm SO close! I successfully downgraded to 1.0.2, activated with jailbrake, installed apptap and all the programs, uploaded Unlock through cyberduck, ran Unlock on the phone, it even says it worked successfully but then I put in my T-Mobile sim and it says that it's an incorrect SIM. What should I do? i really think I'll give my firstborn to whoever can help.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yes i have same problem...everythin goes successfully using iUnlock and den at the end, the SIM won't work...what could be the reason? someone??

Quote Originally Posted by goastros View Post
    I think I have the same problem, I feel like I'm SO close! I successfully downgraded to 1.0.2, activated with jailbrake, installed apptap and all the programs, uploaded Unlock through cyberduck, ran Unlock on the phone, it even says it worked successfully but then I put in my T-Mobile sim and it says that it's an incorrect SIM. What should I do? i really think I'll give my firstborn to whoever can help.

I made the mistake of running anysim from the start. I restarted and ran Iunlocker from ibrickr on vista and all is well now. T-mobile came up as my network. Watch this vid again - http://youtube.com/watch?v=v5oo3RuViJA

username1: When you go into your iPhone settings, in the About section under modem. Do you currently have the 04.01.13_G firmware? Did you perform any custom modifications using either BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH?

Did any of you guys who had the incorrect sim' message find a solution to this problem?

Exact same problem!!
    I'm runing firmware 1.0.2, baseband v3, havep laced the lockdownd file where it belongs (usr/execlib), have tried running both unlock.app and anysim and still get the message the there's ain "incorrect sim" everytime.
    Could it be that the lockdownd file available for download is corrupted?

Anyone who had the same problem found a way through to unblocking?

Cheers!!

Did any of you guys who had the incorrect sim' message find a solution to this problem?

Last edited by mex_24; 10-16-2007 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am no expert, having to spend two days trying to follow just about every set of instructions on the web in an attempt to flash the baseline back from 1.1.1, but having eventually done that I used iUnlock and it was a sucess.

The key however seemed to be that the firts time I ran iUnlock in the terminal it replied saying that the flash was successfull but the phone was still locked, I ran it again and the second time straight away and it came back telling me that it was unlocked.

Somewhere on one of the many pages of the info I read about this, it was mentioned that iUnlock often fails on its first attempt. May be worth a try as mine is now working fine... keep trying it is well worth the wait and frustration!

Hey jwalley, thanks for the reply!
    I'll give it another shot this afternoon.
    It's unreal that after reading all the information in all these posts and trying several methods I still have not been able to unlock the iphone!!

I remember running both iUnlock and Anysim a couple of times each. Iunlock did not send any message suggesting tha the unblck had been unsuccessful and yet I continued getting the 0Incorrect SIM message'.

For Anysim, I'd get a message saying that the firmware was flashed but that the unlock had not been successful. The second time I tried to run Anysim I got a message saying that the system had already been patched and it would not let me grun it a second time.

I'll re-virginize the 1.1.1 and go through the whole process: restore 1.0.2, downgrading the baseband, all that jazz, and hopefully by the time I run I unlock for the secont time I'll be able to make a call with a non-ATT sim.

In the meantime, if anyone esle has more information, We'd appreciate having it in here!! =)

Thanks all!

I managed to unlock with software in my sign
    Do you want to unlock your iPhone?Do you want to find out how I unlocked my iPhone? Visit my blog at
    http://iphknie.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by username1 View Post
    I made the mistake of running anysim from the start. I restarted and ran Iunlocker from ibrickr on vista and all is well now. T-mobile came up as my network. Watch this vid again - http://youtube.com/watch?v=v5oo3RuViJA
    Same Here. After having trying and failing to unlock the sim using anysim, I then installed Iunlocker (command line version when you click on Ibrickr's Browse Application), then I downloaded Mobile Terminal (also from Browse Application); ran the Iunlocker from the command line and the my local GSM provider shows up!