Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Having a Problem with Step 7 and ipuhc

Default Having a Problem with Step 7 and ipuhc
    First of all be gentle with me because I am don't often use terminal or write code at all but I have some experience and thought I would give it a try. Forgive me if I am making a dumb oversight, anwyay:

So I have a brand new iphone out of the box with 1.1.1.

I downgraded, installed Trip1Prepz, followed all of the points very closely and then upgraded back to 1.1.1. My iPhone won't show up in itunes, but I think this is normal right? It sill showed up in my system profiler as a USB device.

At this point I tried step 7, extracted the "1" folder to my desktop and then dragged it into the terminal window, got the proper prompt, but when I hit enter, I got this message:

-bash: /Users/Alexei/Desktop/1/: is a directory

When I typed in "./iphuc-jailbreak.osx" I got this message:

-bash: ./iphuc-jailbreak.osx: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong?

You need to be in the 1.1.1-jailbreak directory to run the command

this will depend on where you downloaded it to. By default terminal opens in the user root directory ~/. If you downloaded it to your desktop you will need to get to your desktop in the terminal "cd Desktop/1.1.1-jailbreak" (no quotes). I find it easiest to run several shells each in the directory I will need to run a command it. In this particular situation it would be 1.1.1-jailbreak, iASign, and one sshed into the phone.