Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brand New iPhone with 1.0.2??

Default Brand New iPhone with 1.0.2??
    Hey guys,
    I just got a brand new iPhone. My brothers friend bought us back two from his visit to the states. They were bought on the 6th or 7th of October and the funny thing is that they are both 1.0.2 firmware. My brothers friend even called around all the apple stores and asked if he could buy a 1.0.2 iPhone and they said every single one of them had been recalled. I had also heard this on the net as well. So I thought I wouldn't mind still having a 1.1.1 locked iPhone for awhile, and still asked him to get me one. My brother followed suit, but my bros mate didnt. lol when he got back i discovered they where 1.0.2 and had the old baseband firmware. It would be an understatement to say our friend was disappointed.

I have used independence to jailbreak it and activate it, but now I am a bit stuck between waiting a little longer for a free 1.1.1 unlock and unlocking now with anySim, because doesn't the jailbreak upgrade for 1.1.1 only work with an untouched baseband?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

actually i think if u check the news sections you'll find u can unlock 1.1.1

Dont really wana fork out another 60 bucks for a software unlock when there could be a free one around the corner very soon

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

yea man just stick with 1.0.2 and unlock it while u can and it's free no hassle at all
     Think Different