Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with 1.1.1 Activation

Unhappy Need help with 1.1.1 Activation
    As usual, the guides on this site take the hard to understand Dev Team directions and make it into something a normal bloke can follow. HOWEVER, coming to the final part of my 1.02 to 1.1.1 upgrade I'm STUCK at how to activate with itunes. Your wiki simply copy/pasted the quite unintelligible Dev Team instruction (http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dev...tion_1.1.1_OSX).

Could someone who's done it post better instructions? I've very dumb to all this, but I've managed everything up to this final step (jailbroke, have SSH). So please, some easy to understand directions. Even the first step doesn't make sense to me "cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /var/root/lockdownd.1.1.1". While SSH'ed into the phone entering that into terminal says cp: command not found.

I've got my 1.02 lockdownd file backed up, so how do I fix it so that I can fix the 1.1.1 file to 'activate' with iTunes?

Cheers in advance!

same problem here! Anyone???

same here, anyone pleaseee!

Isn't cp part of the BSD package. You might have to make sure that it is installed properly?

Quote Originally Posted by cazlar View Post
    Isn't cp part of the BSD package. You might have to make sure that it is installed properly?

Can u please explaine?
    Whatshould we do?

with what program should I use

im having the same problem.

Also does anyone have a copy of the lockdown backup we need (or know where to get it)?