+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need clarification on activating an unlocked phone w/ AT&T

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I couldn't find an answer... If I have an unlocked phone and am now using it with T-Mobile or whomever, and I decide I WANT to change to AT&T, there
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Need clarification on activating an unlocked phone w/ AT&T
    I couldn't find an answer...

If I have an unlocked phone and am now using it with T-Mobile or whomever, and I decide I WANT to change to AT&T, there isn't going to be a problem activating through iTunes and signing up with AT&T is there? I assume I just do an upgrade to 1.1.1 and that's it. Is this correct?

MANY THANKS!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

just get a sim from them the plan suck 60 bucks for 400 min. i have an old plan and use that with my iphone if you want set up a plan with them not with the iphone though take a free phone and use that sim since its unlocked

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

yea just go sign up for a normal plan (not the iphone plan too pricey) then get u a free phone ( sell it on ebay for more money).
     Think Different

Green Apple
    Thanks

What would happen if I put the original SIM card in and activated through iTunes? Will that brick the phone?

Thanks

thats stupid y would you want to do that if your activated, jailbroken and unlocked your not making sense its like if you want to go backward ill trade my phone for yours its just an ipod touch at the moment which is what you want to do to your phone

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok, ok, that's why I'm asking. I guess you can't activate an activated phone. Just trying to get a grasp on how it works.

Thanks

what you have is the best way to go thats the last thing yoiu want to do is what your thinking leave it as is and do what we told you before if your that interested in att i have them and think they suck though but thats just my opinion