Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What FirmWare Version is in Iphone in Apple Store

Default What FirmWare Version is in Iphone in Apple Store
    Good day. On this day i i'm planing to travel in US. Can somebody tell me if i will buy Iphone in Apple Store what FirmWare i will get.
    Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biba View Post
    Good day. On this day i i'm planing to travel in US. Can somebody tell me if i will buy Iphone in Apple Store what FirmWare i will get.
    Thanks.
    All new stock is 1.1.1, so if you go to a store that has old stock, you might, emphasize "might" be lucky enough to get a 1.0.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Look for serial number printed outside the box with 4th and 5th digit being 37 or lower for iPhones with firmware of 1.0.2. Your luck is better with AT&T store, IMO.

I went to an AT&T store here in DC, Pensylvania Ave and 18th just 1 hour ago and bought another iPhone for my brother in law.

It had serial of 30 (4th and 5th digit) and it didn't take the guy very long to find one at all. The guy was very curious why, so I told him, he didn't care.

Looks like at least for this particular AT&T store they still have plenty of iPhones with older firmware you want.

cheers.

Got mine past Monday in the Apple Store in Chicago, it came with 1.1.1. by the time you're back there will probably be a free foolproof way to unlock and activate. I just tried the downgrade and got my iphone stuck in a rebooting cycle after step 3. I recommend you wait for a simpler way.